Saturday, October 23, 2010

More Old Photos

This picture was taken at the Garvin Farm in Mildred, Texas. It looks like they may have been gathering up for the next photo.

My aunt Mollie identified all the people in this photo but there are a couple of people she didn't know. The first lady on the left in the dark dress is unidentified, next to her is my aunt Mollie, next is my grandmother Gee, next to Gee in the very back is her sister Ida holding Frank, In front of Ida is Granny Garvin and in front of Granny Garvin is Howard. The lady standing wearing the black hat is Aunt Eva, and in front of Aunt Eva is her daughter Frances, my dad's cousin. The lady in the black skirt sitting in the front is unidentified, the man in the white shirt is Grandpa Garvin with Joe Walker or Lee Ward in front of him. The man holding the straw hat may be Frank Garvin.

Granny and Grandpa Garvin, Mary Lynch and Joseph Patrick, were the parents of Maggie our grandmother we called Gee. Maggie was my dad's mom. I'll have more about all of these people later on.

This is Granny and Grandpa Garvin.


This is Granny Garvin with my dad Frank


This picture was taken in front of our house we call 212. That's Frank, my dad in the driver's seat, his brother Joe's in the passenger seat and his brother Owen's in the rumble seat. It's Owen's car. I love love love this picture.


This is Ida Garvin. Love the picture, love the hairdo, I question the entire rose bush on her chest. There's absolutely a long stem that could possibly poke her in the eye if she turned her face. Someone should've rethought this BEFORE the picture was taken.


This is my Aunt Nina with her husband Jay McClung. I love their outfits. She's looking especially snazzy in her fur trimmed coat. Billie June says this is on the steps of the high school.