Friday, December 4, 2009

The white footed chickens back in the day

So this story goes like this, Gran bought these white fuzzy weird looking chickens that I called the white footed chickens. The man loved a bird....either in the barn or on a plate but these were not for cooking. He really bought these chickens just for his enjoyment so that he could sit up at the barn and watch them strut around. It was his intent to make them comfortable with him nearby and he would be able to relax and enjoy them.

Well one day I was going to K Mart and I think I was in Gran's truck and he was sitting just outside the barn and the chickens were strutting around him and he was happy. It was a very picturesque scene; but as I was passing by on the street, I honked and waved. I thought nothing of it at the time. Well those white footed chickens got spooked when they heard the horn and they started running for the barn at break neck speed and I was laughing my butt off because it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Truly was none too pleased because I scared the crap out of his chickens. But to this day I on the other hand still don't regret the honk and wave because I can still see in my mind's eye those chickens running for their weird white footed little lives.

Ahhhh good times.

Pictures of Truly and his prized pets.



What a great memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't there for that one but I do remember the white chickens running about wish we had them on video

gnar car said...

haha. i can't believe gran bought animals for his own enjoyment!