Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A December evening

It's a Wonderful Life has now been watched for this Christmas season and it may be the greatest movie ever made. George and Mary and their love affair for each other is so enchanting. I love it from start to finish and everything in between. Zuzu's petals and George's sweet father and the town that is so picturesque......it all causes me to sigh with delight.

Also the oatmeal cookies have been baked and my house smells like a heavenly bakery. Christmas is only 3 days away and it's almost more than my mind can take because it was just here. It seems that 2009 just started last week. But time is marching on as fast as it can. My poor little Christmas tree is absolutely dead.....the price for building fires with the tree close by. One rule was broken this year but it's been very cold....so, oh well. The tree will be down in just a few days.

If I could put life on pause for a little while, I think I just might do it. I would love to step outside of reality and have a look back at the past as well as the future. I wish it worked that way but sadly it does not.

I am determined to enjoy the rest of this year and not say at the end of it, "I'm glad it's over." I learned alot in 2009 and God and I made some progress with me. Maybe not enough, but time is running out for this year so I will just move forward and thank God for all my blessings......which are many......and believe that 2010 will be the best year we all have ever seen. There will be multiple graduations and graduation parties and new jobs and maybe a baby or a wedding or 2. I would look forward to any or all of these. Who knows we may have more than one new family member by Christmas 2010. I can't wait to see what God is going to do for all of us. I have had an anticipation today that I can't explain. It has been an enjoyable change from the worry and fret I have felt for months now. I just hope it lasts.....well I pray it does. Good times are just around the corner.

God bless us everyone.

No comments: