Monday, August 26, 2013

Just some thoughts about the week

You know I find that pictures take so much pressure off of having to write words. Pictures are so much easier. But in the last few days I've spent some time rereading old posts, and it's such a good record of what happened and when. Right now my family has finished our first full week of school and the new job started for Emma. We're all adjusting to new schedules with some people walking around like zombies. It's so hard to get up early after summer vacay. 

Last week some of our cousins stopped into town on their way to the beach, and we met at Mom's house for a visit. At one point I was sitting on the couch and not talking and the noise in the room was so loud I taped it on my phone for evidence of the decibel overload. It was amazingly loud. And even though I don't have the tape uploaded to my blog, just imagine a lot of people talking at the same time and it was really really loud. 


Then last Saturday morning some of us attended a funeral for the mother of a church friend. Two sons and a nephew she raised as her own told sweet stories of their childhood. We laughed and cried as they spoke of her devotion to their education and how she made them study even on snow days in Chicago. She made them pray together when they got in scuffles. They hated that. They captured all of us with the love they had for their mother. In her last years she lived with her son and his family. She had some health issues and was eventually confined to a wheelchair, but her son said it had been a privilege to have her live with them and care for her. I don't think I'll ever forget his words. These days people don't say things like that when they might be inconvenienced by the illness of a loved one.  

Which brings me to the fact that in the last four weeks five people we knew, or knew someone in their family, have passed away. Two of them were our neighbors. That's a lot.

Also just as I suspected the second school week was much more eventful than the first. So that other shoe did drop....sort of right on my head. Apparently all people don't see me as fab and harmless. But that's all I have to say about that. 

Onto a few pictures to document the week and then a surprise announcement. 

Get ready. 
We celebrated John and Caitlin's birthday on Wednesday. 
2, 552 years old. Already did that joke on Instagram, but it still amuses me.
Mollie bought a car. Woo hoo! When I typed that, instead of hitting the o twice a hit the p and therefore it said woo hop. I think I like it. 
The sunsets continue to be wonderful.
Really wonderful.
And the girls celebrated the NSYNC reunion, that lasted all of 35 seconds.  

Well peeps here's the surprise. A few days ago I discovered I never went through Caitlin and Olivia's old phone pictures. And so I did. I found some maybe never before seen photos that I'll be posting as the week progresses. That is, until Thursday when I will be leaving town for the long weekend. 

So it's 1:59 and all are asleep except for me. 

I've got to go join the sleepers. 

I'm so over being awake. 

Nighty night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for more random pics!!