Monday, February 1, 2010

Owen's third baseball game was tonight and the weather was not fit for man nor beast. I just can't imagine standing out in the cold for as long as those boys do. It is so miserable I just can't tell you. He is continuing to get into his stride as they play with little or no practice at the moment. It has been too wet and cold to practice but not too wet or cold to play! Owen batted 2 times, struck out and grounded out, but he hit the ball one out of two times so I was happy. He played first and made a great catch and threw home to make an out but the boy was safe. No matter. He is having fun and as Susan reminded me the other day, this really is answer to prayer because it gives him the opportunity to get out of the house and be around boys his age. I really hadn't thought about it like that but she is correct.

I'm glad he has been given this chance to get out and play this game that he loves so much. It's the one thing that he has loved since he was a little boy. And every single day I am reminded that he is becoming less and less of a little boy and more and more of a teenager boy. It's just too unbelievable to me that he will be 15 years old on June 1 and will be in high school. Where oh where does the time fly away to? As sure as the years pass, we will be shaking our heads watching another graduate from high school and head off to college this fall. I can't believe all the sweet little faces that used to look up at me are now almost all looking me dead in the eye or down at me. Of course that will never be the case with Mollie or Carlie.......hahahahahahaha. As things change I get a little excited and queasy all at the same time. We have no children anymore. Only semi grown-ups. I say semi-grown-ups because I had to threaten my 3 daughters in the car at the baseball game tonight because they were behaving like 4 year olds throughout the game.....mostly Caitlin and Olivia. They grow up but keep the childlike behavior sometimes. That doesn't sound familiar to me at all.

Movie Update:
We have completed the new BBC version of Jane Austen's Emma and let me say it was divine. Definitely worth ownership. We are running out of movies. The BBC better get to cranking more out quickly. Right now Olivia and I are off to watch Ghosts of Girlfriends Past with Carrie, Maggie and Melanie. I shall report tomorrow on whether or not it was a thumbs up or down. I'm afraid I already know the answer.

Sweet dreams to those that cannot join us.

2 comments:

gnar car said...

Of course that will never be the case with Mollie or Carlie.......hahahahahahaha.

RUDE!!!!! ...but true.

EMMMMAAAA. I'm obsessed. I've watched it like 4 times and countless times I've watched the good parts on youtube.

Lisa said...

I know it can been addicting...that's how I was with North and South.