Friday, December 10, 2010

It's December 10th and.....

This week's been full of shopping. I've been in more stores in the last 2 weeks than I've been in a year. I've done lots of looking but it's crunch time since I've only had 2 things for Owen. Yikes! Double yikes!! He and I went shopping tonight and I made very little progress and it's now completely confirmed....I hate shopping with him. He doesn't like anything. He looks at a button down shirt as his enemy and sweaters are some alien form of torture that he HATES. It makes me crazy. We left Old Navy in 30 minutes with one jacket only. He's as plain as his daddy and that's all there is to it. I don't like shopping with John either. Anything John ever tries on that's too tight ANYWHERE he taps his shoulders and says, "It's just a little too tight right here." IT MAKES ME NUTS!!! And even as crazy as John's made me in our shopping marriage, I never saw this coming with Owen. I was totally blindsided by this development in my life. It's not good.

On another note, I got my car back today! YAY!! It looks all happy and healthy. In the future, I'll be taking cabs to Mom's house. So, let's see the after...


But don't forget the before...

This was not good. It looks like a black eye. The tree gave my car a really bad black eye. Now, if you stand at the front or back of my car, it looks brand new. If you stand on either side, not so much. But I'm so happy to have it back. So, so happy. Today marks 2 weeks since the tree tried to kill my car. But it did not succeed. No it did not. I'm very thankful for that.

On another another note, recently, our printer died a slow agonizing death and we had to buy one yesterday.....boo. But we got one for 99 bucks and it's waaaayyy better than the $350 one that died. YAY! So today I scanned 95 pictures and the best news is, I LOVE MY NEW SCANNER. It's fantastic. I'll be posting Christmas pictures soon. I've discovered it's the 10th of December and I haven't done one Christmas post yet! I had the post of my aunt Nina started for months and was finally able to finish it today since I have a new fantastic scanner!

And then on a last note, so far this holiday season, we're experiencing a white trash Christmas. It's as if I have no control over all the troubles we're having in the decorating of the season. Tis the season to be jolly, ONLY if the decorating comes together....it's not coming together. My tree's finished and looks lovely but everything else pretty much looks like crap. I still have boxes in my den and garland is everywhere...except in it's place...the rest is just messy messy messy. There are school books everywhere and I've not wanted to bother my kids about it because all 4 have been studying and cramming for finals almost every waking moment and are now at a level of collapse. This afternoon we had a section of icicle lights go out, so in order to fix them, we took the one strand down. So, now we have half a house with icicles and half without. John, who's much more patient than I, offered to try to find the problem and so I went shopping with Caitlin and Olivia. He called and said he fixed the lights but now there are some very faint lights, some very bright lights and some blinking. That just SCREAMS Southern Living Christmas. So the lights aren't fixed, half the house is lit, I have a jingle bell wreath on the door just hanging on a wreath hanger. I keep forgetting to go get a green wreath to hang behind it. Tomorrow I will attempt to tame this beast of Christmas and get it under control....or embrace the crappy white trash Christmas and just ride it the whole way to December 26.


Because I strategically took this photo of my 2010 lovely Christmas tree, you can't see 2 baskets of towels, a chair full of coats, a basket full of tree ornaments....and no freaking partridge in a pear tree ANYWHERE.

Stay tuned to see what happens.

Peace out and good will towards each and every one of us....girls and boys.

No comments: