Friday, December 17, 2010

Graduation's tomorrow

Tomorrow at 2:00, Austin and Mollie will graduate from college. December's a good month for graduating, it's just got a different feel than May since it's cold and Christmas is next week. I know it'll be a fun day...especially for the graduates! The last time I went to a graduation in December, Olivia was graduating from kindergarten and it had a Christmas theme. She was one of the wise men and her name was Blinky....pretty sure there was some artistic license in that....and she had to sing a song. She's not over it yet...but I thought it was adorable.

Well, no one will call Austin or Mollie Blinky tomorrow but they will forever be called college graduates. That's something to treasure for a lifetime. I love graduations so much. I love the pageantry of it all, and the accomplishments are worthy of celebrating. So much hard work goes into getting a college degree. But then after all the long hours and stress and worry, it's all gone with one piece of paper and the shake of a hand. But then, the future's just on the other side of the podium, and I know it's looking great for both of them. I'm so proud of their accomplishments and I can't wait to see what comes next. It's gonna be so much fun.

There's still much ahead to accomplish but for now, it's all about the celebration. Mollie will start grad school in January, but that's to think about another day. Austin will be off to make his mark on the big world next. It's all exciting and a little scary but knowing God has a plan and a purpose for each of our lives makes it so much easier to accept.

Congratulations to Austin and Mollie and Godspeed to both of you!

I can't wait to see what yal do next.

I know you'll make us proud!

No comments: