Thursday, April 16, 2015

A few things and our Corsicana journal entry for April 6, 2015

It's a four day work week for me. Whoop whoop! I'm so overworked I just can't tell you. The countdown to summer has officially begun since I have less than 25 days til school's out. I can't believe it! Summer is coming! There may be a road trip in our future sometime in May, but more about that when I know for sure. 

Since the plumbing debacle over the weekend, I'm happy to report all things are leaving the house as they should. After separating ourselves from more of our money on April 15th, we're still breathing. But if I talk about it too much I will begin to add curses to this so I must stop. BUT! No. I can't. I have to stop here. UGH. 

In the meantime....

Some of my family made a quick trip to Corsicana last week since we were on spring break. It's been several years since I've been to Texas when the bluebonnets were in full bloom, so I was on picture taking overload while there. It seemed a waste of good bluebonnets if I didn't take tons of pictures. So I did. I'm posting many of them. Some may think too many, but I've actually pared down the number, if you can believe that. 

I'm posting the journal entry for the time we were there. My people don't help with the journal and therefore I'm left to record it. I don't like it, because I enjoy other people's perspectives and writing. I bore myself to tears. Well, not to tears really, more like to "an eye roll." Speaking of eye rolls, lets not forget Carlie's eye roll flutter thing she works instead of just an eye roll. Hers is an eye roll with flair, if you will. A little something extra to add some pizazz. It sets her apart from us regular plain eye rollers. 

Now lets get to it...    

April 6, 2015
Not so comfy.
Ridiculous.
Addy wasn't sleeping, she was just pretending. 
See?
This....
Is this in the mirror...
She cares not about her size and laps.
Emma, Olivia, Addy and Lisa arrived at the farm at 2:00ish this afternoon. 



It's spring break week and we are breaking here. The weather is perfect and the bluebonnets are blooming and we are happy to see them and to be here. 

The yard has many bluebonnets growing in it. It's a love hate relationship for Lisa. 





The yards and pastures are overgrown majorly and grass cutting must happen tomorrow. There is huge concern that Hank is not in the pasture. We hope he is ok. Dale and Lydia were here in March to work on the plumbing and they wrote nothing about that trip. It's not that hard people!






Sometimes you have to be part of the picture. 
The tree is green again. 

The big news is the plumbing is not yet finished and, therefore, we must use the little room potty. The struggle is real. We're limiting our evening fluid intake for obvious reasons. Will report back.
The next few pictures are from Olivia's phone. 




We went for two rides and netted a opossum and a skunk. The animals don't even attempt a good showing anymore. 

Food: Schzlotsky's and Braum's. Both were huge successes. 

OMG! Forgot about the basketball game tonight! Duke vs. Wisconsin. Duke won!! 

That's the end of the first day's entry. 

I'm going to attempt to post something every day for one week. Even if it's just a photo. The challenge began yesterday for me, so I'm good so far! 

But I'm also keeping it real people, the likelihood of it happening may just be to much for my underachieving self.

I'm out like the batteries in my house...we have none! 

Shopping to do list:
Must buy batteries.

OK, now I'm done.  

4 comments:

CAW said...

hahaha!!!!! I have some batteries....Emma doesn't live there anymore....wasnt it 50 ish under bed?? Sorry Emma for the rehash. :-)

gnar car said...

my eye roll flutter is my trademark. and love the blue bonnet pics!! love the first one of the tree as well!

Unknown said...

I need batteries too!!!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pics!! I just bought batteries it's a never ending cycle!!