Saturday, December 25, 2010

Gran's truck present

Although 1995 was the year of pestilence, it was also the year we bought Gran a brand new red truck. He was 88 years old and never owned a new truck in his life. The day after Christmas day we all headed to Corsicana to surprise he and Bessie with us and it. Even though our kids were disease infested, we couldn't miss the presentation of Gran's gift, so John and I packed up our sickly kids and puke buckets and headed west. It was quite a ride and I'm glad we did it but I'm also glad I'm not doing it again.

It may have been the greatest Christmas surprise we ever pulled off in our family history. Have a look at the fun.

My poor sickly children. I feel bad for them even now. However, Emma got shotgun for vomiting reasons.


Olivia's face says it all. I'm trying but yes I'm sick as a dog.


Pox boy making a comeback.


Oh yes we had all kids disease infested.


We met at the community center so we could put a bow on the truck and drive to Gran's just down the road.


Getting ready to go.


The kids are piling in.


About to head out.


Gran and Grandma were shocked and excited to see everyone but they had no idea what was going on.


Gran's so busy greeting everybody he still didn't know what was happening.


He's starting to soak it in.


He's now being retold this truck is yours. He was incredulous.


Now he's getting the feel of it....and loving it. Truck full of great grands.....yep.


Kids are piling in and Truly's happy and shocked.


I love these photos. The kids are like ants and Gran's just steady grinning.


Time for a ride down the road.


Time for the other kids to go play on the quarry? Corsicana is bleak looking in the dead of Winter. That's Maggie, Mollie, Nina and Caitlin.


My cutie pie Olivia.


Gran's fruit trees were still in the orchard.


Emma's turn to look cute.


Frank and Suzie taking a sunset photo.


The little monkeys hanging out on the fence.


One more for the road.

No comments: