Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The pumpkin patch Part 1

I've lived here all my life and never seen the good stuff! I've never been to a pumpkin farm and I've never picked my own pumpkins. Well now I have. A few weeks ago Lindsey proposed a trip to a nearby pumpkin farm and I jumped at the chance for a go see. It was the cutest place, and now I want it. To live in the country, seems like it would be fun. Not sure that will ever happen, but it's fun to think about. Of course William went along as well as Melanie, Carlie and Grandma. And of course we took many pictures of the sweet little boy enjoying his time amidst the pumpkin patch. But it seems ridiculous that William at 5 months and me at 53 went to our first pumpkin patch on the same day. I've got to get out more!

There are two sets of pictures and I'm starting with Melanie's first. She took some and Carlie took some of these.

Lets see what we found in country.

Just getting started.
At times he seemed unsure of what people's plans for him were.
But then he settled in and seemed happy about it.
Then he found a leaf and got distracted.
Then it looked like he was 25 yards away.
But he was still happy.
And cute.
That pumpkin looks irresistible.
Got to get his feet on a pumpkin.
While still being cute.
This picture cracks me up.
More pics after the position change.
If Lindsey's hands weren't visible here, we'd be talking floating head.
This is much less of a floating head.
So sweet.
I just now saw my giant hand coming in from the side to ruin this pic.
Cute.
Still cute.
Carlie T and Willie D.
And then the Hollywood version.
I"d say William was about to ask, "What are y'all doing putting me up here on this dangerous precipice?"
Melanie obviously found a helicopter to take this aerial shot.
Foul one.
Foul two.
Picnic time.
This dog's name is Bear. He is so sweet and gentle, and his owner told us he doesn't like chips for snacks, and she wasn't kidding. When I offered him one, he turned away uninterested. Shocking.
Sneaking a snuggle.
Laying down sweetness.
Again cracks me up.
Look at those eyelashes.
It was so hard to cull any photos.
Pondering.
Happiness.
Love the pumpkins on his outfit.
Great picture and next it was off for a hayride.
Not sure what Carlie's about to do with her hand.
And then gotta have a picture in the corn field.
This may be another time when William was questioning the whereabouts of himself.
And there you have our visit to the pumpkin patch. It was the most perfect day with lots of great pictures taken. I have many to post from my camera as well, and I will do that soon....maybe later today. But I have a girls trip to take on Thursday and so I'll be off for the weekend. And before I get home, John will be traveling to Chicago, so our cross over trips will cause us to go 9 days without seeing each other. Don't know how many years it's been since that happened. 
And with the presidential election coming, that's really the last place on earth I'd want him to be on that day. But I trust God to keep him safe. 

Peace to all people everywhere.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute and a lovely day!! Can't wait til next year!

gnar car said...

hahah it was so fun! we def need to make it an annual visit!

Unknown said...

Such a fun day!! Christmas next! And 9 days?? Wow!!! That's a long time. Maybe you should write each other hand written letters with feather pens...