Monday, July 19, 2010

John's trip home

John's trip to Pennsylvania was a good one. But it's hard to see your parents getting old and vulnerable. Hopefully his family can spend more time together in the next few years. He took some pictures around Butler and Pittsburgh I thought I'd share. At almost 49 years old he's lived in Louisiana longer than he ever did in Pennsylvania. But roots are roots and at some point people want to try to reconnect with the best part of their past.

At least I do.

The church where John was baptized.


His parents' house


His parents' backyard.


A turkey in their backyard.


His grandmother's house.


His dad


The Dairy Queen where he used to go as a kid.


Butler Area High School, where he graduated.


Pittsburgh


I have more pictures of the town to post. I'll save those for another day.

No comments: