Monday, June 10, 2013

Our first 2013 trip to Corsicana

A week has flown by since we got home from Corsicana. And while I've worked on posts a wee bit, I've not made much progress. I've cleaned house some and ran errands some and blogged very little. And I don't even feel bad about it. I just realized I'm 3 months away from blogging for four years! Can't even believe that. And after watching the news in the last week, I'm super thrilled to have so much info about me and my family here on the blog. SUPER THRILLED. 

But in spite of that..... 

When we arrived in Corsicana, Olivia discovered Whitney had left a notebook for the purpose of visiting people to give an account of their time spent while at the farm. Several days into our stay I discovered Olivia had been documenting our trip in her words in that notebook. And as usual, her words cracked me up. So with her permission, I'm posting her description of our trip, because its way better than anything I could write.

Secret revealed: I'm highly concerned that if Olivia's not funnier than me, she comes very close to be AS FUNNY. It keeps me awake at night. Also if her intention was to write in third person so as not to be revealed as the writer....uh oh 

Olivia's words begin here: May 27, 2013
The Herrocks arrive 

 After an uneventful trip over, we arrived to find the farm in good condition, if not a little shaggy. It was partly cloudy verging on hot, but there was a breeze that reminded one of the late spring season upon us. It was early afternoon when we arrived, we being John, Lisa, Caitlin, Emma, Olivia, Addy and Rosie. Carrie was due later in the evening. We pulled up to the house around 3 in the afternoon but we could have arrived 5 minutes earlier had Caitlin been able to hold her bladder in Malakoff. Once we set up the back porch, Lisa could not fight the urge to scalp the yard and went to get started mowing. The resulting dust cloud forced most of us indoors and some of us are still suffering from the dust induced allergies. The girls went to Wal Mart to stock the kitchen for the week and came back with many delicious things and also fruits and vegetables. Those that needed to shower did, and then we ate leftover chicken salad and Dickey's brisket for dinner. We finished the evening with Braum's ice cream and Caitlin discovered a new flavor, while Olivia's heart was broken by them not having choc. chip cookie dough. She vowed to succeed the next day after having to settle for plain chocolate chip. We finished the night with an evening ride under the cloudy sky with a waning moon rising. No critters were seen and half the riders fell asleep early on. 

Here's to tomorrow.





Carrie took this one.

And this one.
Love a firewheel. 


And she took these two grass pictures. 
Lord knows I love a grassy pic, and with barbed wire!
Addy and the horses are still not friends. 
Then she got in trouble. Not sure what, cause it was for multi things.
And I found about six bluebonnets still blooming.

And there ends day one of our trip to the little farm on the corner in the country. It's still my all time favorite of anywhere in the world.

And as Olivia said, "Here's to tomorrow."

2 comments:

CAW said...

I have tried posting a comment but it wouldn't go thru so here's hoping!!! Love the posts !!! All of them!!

Anonymous said...

Olivia gets her funny-ness from you no doubt I think y'all are equally funny oh wait no you are just a little funnier!!! Love the post within the post