Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Addy, Addy, Addy

Since I've been home I've been trying to catch up on my clothes washing and house cleaning. I wash clothes fairly regularly, yet the baskets of clean clothes may sit in the den for days until I get motivated to fold. I hate folding. Well, today I decided to not procrastinate and fold because even though I hate folding, I hate looking at baskets full of clean clothes even more. I'm not even gonna address the fact that I was gone for almost a week and yet I only found 3 pair of clean underwear belonging to Owen. I have no idea what the two Herrock males did while we were gone, but I'm pretty sure it didn't involve cleanliness.

One other thing, you gotta love Louisiana weather if you aren't a person that loves lots of coldness. Yesterday it was 44 degrees. Today, it's 64. LOVE IT! So I opened my back door to enjoy the sound of my wind chimes singing in the breeze as I began the folding of the clothes, while Addy came in and out and looking for mayhem. After I finished, I busied myself doing something else and then sat down at the computer for a bit. When I finally looked up, I noticed some clean clothes were missing. After IMMEDIATE further inspection, I found all my underwear strewn about the living room AND the backyard! When I checked all the clothes, I discovered MY drawers were the only target of Addy's relocating. After "discussing" it with her, this is the attitude I got.

A picture of her indifference.

One more Addy story.
Yesterday morning as I was waking up, I heard Addy bark in the den so I knew she was in the house. Not long after, John let her out into the backyard and as he was about to leave for work he came and asked me if she was with me in the back of the house. She wasn't. He said she wasn't in the backyard, and so the two of us ran around the house and yard yelling for her but she wasn't to be found. John quickly grabbed his keys and jumped in my car to start looking through the neighborhood for her. Our yelling woke Emma and Olivia up and the three of us continued to yell and look for her. I decided to go look outside one more time and as I walked to the back of the yard, I saw her lying down hidden by some flower pots. We were immediately relieved and as I got closer, I discovered she'd gotten caught by a vine in a place where we couldn't see her. She looked rather sheepish as I pulled her free and quickly bounded off to Olivia. WHATEVER. I just saved your life you ungrateful brat but you run to Olivia! She's ridiculous. The MOST ridiculous thing is the goofy dog talks ALL THE TIME but when she gets in trouble, she became silent. After hearing this story, Carrie commented that "Obviously she was speechless." I guess so.

She was so disturbed, she was unable to rest at all yesterday.

A picture of her uneasiness.

I'm off to work wearing backyard underwear!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor adds!!!

And I HATE HATE folding clothes. I don't mind at all shoving them in the washer and then dryer but the folding?? Ughhhhh.

Anonymous said...

backyard underwear hahahahhahaha