Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas Eve at church 2011

This has been a full week with much to do which has put blogging on the way back burner. Here's a list of things that occurred in the past week. A funeral, college people starting a new semester, reading a book, daily Bible reading, a sickly boy child and finally, painting my den, kitchen, and hall. It's been a busy week to say the least.

Here's the checklist of those things completed:
Book reading: finished.
Daily Bible reading: one day behind. Don't judge me.
Sickly boy: on the mend.
Painting: all targeted walls are a new color but everything in the kitchen and den is in much disarray...freaks me out.

But due to people complaining...you know who you are....I'm gonna do a post today and see how many more I can do as the week progresses.

So here we go picking up where we left off blogging about Christmas..... after Carrie's arrival by arrowplane, we went to church for our annual Christmas Eve communion. We often have to wait for a group before us to finish, which gives us time to photo journal the evening. Let's get started shall we?

The available boys gathered together for a picture sans Bill, who hadn't arrived yet. Rebecca June's in the background doing the obligatory photo bombing. By the looks of this, a step ladder would have been a welcomed asset.


Becky thinks we can't see her back there hiding in the red coat, but she's there.


Caitlin and Carlie waiting to commune.


Olivia, Emma and Maggie trying to look innocent.


Emma began jumping from frame to frame.


Cute pic of Emma, Austin and Whitney. Maggie's looking a little sour. Remember Maggie, "Santa Claus comes tonight!"


I ixnayed Mags.


Mollie always tries to get hugs from Olivia because she knows Olivia's "all about the hugs." Anyone who knows Olivia, knows I'm fibbing. Olivia likes to mostly stay at arms length of any and all peeps. She comes by it honestly. I remember a time when our family....the 22 of us....went to a restaurant together in another city and as we were saying our goodbyes in the parking lot, I went in for a hug from Carlie. When she turned and saw it was me who was trying to lovingly hug her, she screwed her face up as if she'd smelled something awful and repulsive and IMMEDIATELY refused to hug it out. I'm STILL offended. STILL! Back to the pic....Caitlin looks skeptical. This face Carlie's making.....multiplied by 1000 is close to the face I saw that day. STILL offended. But wait a minute....make her mouth more churlish and vomitus (I just made that up) and that's what I saw that day. I had to go look up churlish to make sure I was using it correctly. Churlish - marked by a lack of civility or graciousness.....yep used correctly.


Caitlin looking a little spicious. Carlie trying to make me think she cares. Pu shu.


Maggie, Austin and Carlie. Photo bomber.....Mollie.


I ixnayed Mollie.


OK. When I checked this photo the night I took it, I saw Lindsey had the crazy eyes. BUT I loved it and therefore HAD to post the crazy eye pic because it cracks me up. If you're offended Lindsey, just go back to the previous post and look at my photos again. Even though I didn't have crazy eyes, I had a bad case of the uglies, and in my mind, it all balances out. Bill in this photo just amuses me. It looks like he snuck up and got in without the two females knowledge. It amuses me as well.


The crazy eyes are gone, but Bill looks like he's posing for a school photo. I'm laughing right now.


Austin and Grams.


Owen, Austin and Grams. Austin's place in this pic looks the same as Bill's in the previous, snuck in.


After communion we took the time to do some individual family photos. This fam is obviously not ready due to communicative issues. I have no idea.


NOW we're ready. Oops, no Olivia's not ready. Neither is John.


OK. Now Olivia and Emma are ready but Caitlin, John and I are not. I suspect Owen's getting goosed.


OK. Now we're ready.


Then John moved to the back so I couldn't see his weird pursing of the lips. Why the weird pursing of the lips. Why?


OK. This is it no matter what.


OK. THIS really is it.


Then our friend Judy's granddaughter needed some face time with the camera. Cutie pie Micah.


And her other grand, June, also a cutie pie.


Group grands with Gmaw. Yes Bill you are supposed to be in this group. Micah and June became honorary grands. Mollie and Austin obviously sat in the closed eye section.


Owen and Grandma's eyes are now closed and June's concerned about the curly haired lady holding her in the pic.


Sigh, all eyes are finally opened. Micah and June escaped.


And then back in for another.


Those eyes are amazing.


Micah then said, "We need one more picture!" So I obliged.


Carrie you aren't a grandchild.


Once more with feeling.


Again the eyes.


We're losing the moment.


OK. This could be the keeper even if Carrie's not a grand.


Some people refused to pose anymore, so a smaller group formed.


Because some people love to pose.


Owen with the short people.


A close up of baby William.


Coming soon....a baby near you. Photo bombers....present.


Maggie and Caitlin holding each other up.


Walkers' turn. Let's see if they can do better than us. Dale's not paying attention.


Hmmm on the second try not too bad.


Uh oh. If you have a Mollie or a Millie in a pic, you're gonna have closed eyes.


Good job here.


There's so much going on in this pic. Mollie went and got her hair wind machine, Austin's well placed bomb may be the first prize winner of the night and Maggie's trying to change her attitude so Santa makes a stop at her house....or she's praising the Lord. I'm going with explanation number one.


OK. Not even trying here, except for Randy and Bill being professional regardless of the craziness they're surrounded by. Well done.


They decided to get it together.


And again, good one.


Just the boys.


This is a Christmas Eve fake out for Santa if ever I saw one. These 2 girls do not exchange kisses....ever. Nice job in the background Millie and Whitney.


Once more with feeling Millie.


They look like they like each other. Love it.


Yep, this is a more accurate portrayal.


Another gaggle of boys for a photo op only this time Jared's absent. We just couldn't win that night. BUT Keith mistook this as a mugshot. Check it out and tell me I'm wrong. Now Dale looks a little spicious.


Randy's eyes are closed. Dale's talking during the shot. But Keith, realizing he wasn't going to jail, decided to smile, which caused the others to become happy and jovial.


Probably the best shot.


One more group shot of all the females with the Billie. This is good of everyone. We like each other....even though people reject my hugs. I'm talking about you Carlie.


And again.


A close up of the Gmaw and my girls.


Another great group pic.


Yes I know I've posted multi copies. I couldn't decide on the best ones.


Dispersement is upon us. Check out Lydia and Caitlin on the right side of the frame. they look enthralled.


And baby makes three.


And there you have it. Christmas Eve communion 2011 in the books. It will forever be remembered as the night of the photo bomb. If only it ended there, but it did not. Now it was on to Grandma's for breakfast and more bombing!

You'll see.

It's 2:22 and I'm tired. I'll check for typos tomorrow. Or make that later today.

The end.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

the photo bombing is out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gnar car said...

FINALLY!

And you KNEW what you were doing when you went in for the hug. you may fool others but you can't fool me!!

And lindsey's crazy eye pic is HILARIOUS every time i look at it.

Anonymous said...

Great post finally yeah!! I have gone to following strangers : (

Anonymous said...

You know the old English men that wear the long grey wigs?
Maybe some early American men too...anyhow.
Go look at the way my hair sits around my face in those photos...
I'm telling ya...Close Resemblance!!! Seriously...go look!
PS. This is Whitney. I don't know why but it never lets
Me sign in as me...so I'm anonymous.

Maggie said...

PHOTO BOMBS FOR THE WIN!

gnar car said...

omg whitney, i so see it. hahahah