Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fried trees and hot houses

So, here's the deal. We need rain. I know this. Lightening? Not so much. BUT, yesterday we got the rain and the lightening. And then we had a hot and sleepless night......again. At about 5:20pm yesterday, this pine tree in our neighbors yard.....



got struck by lightening. All six of us were home and heard what sounded like a bomb going off outside as Owen saw the flash and smoke after the tree was hit. It also took out the transformer near by the tree that just so happened to affect our electricity. Like waoh. So, as I was just settling in from my 27th day of my summer job, (11 days left!!!) the power went out and I immediately began to sweat. This was the 2nd time in 3 months we had no electricity. These kinds of stories are getting really old.

John called the power company and the efficient recorded message first said we'd have electricity back by 8:00 and then by 12:00 and then by 6:00am. Liars. How about 2:30 this afternoon? Last night it was 84 degrees in our house. It was pure misery as six testy people tried to sleep in the stinky, sticky ridiculously hot house. It was AW FULL. I'm not even kidding when I say approximately 12 people in all of our city were without electricity last night and six of em were in this house. What are the freaking odds? Once again, it may be time to go by a lottery ticket. Now I'm sitting here under the fan with the air on the setting "arctic" bundled up in a blanket.

Why you might ask?

Because I can.

Air condition was a brilliant invention.

1 comment: