Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My computer story

I completely forgot to tell the story of my computer woes. Yesterday morning when I turned it on, I found only a black screen, and everyone knows that's a really bad sign for a computer. It took 2 seconds to figure out it was totally crashed. UGH. I had some recent pictures on it that I hadn't backed up and it was looking as if I wouldn't be able to retrieve them. Made me sick. Well, when I told my brilliant husband what it was that had happened, he did some of this and some of that and figured out what he could do to fix it. And he did! Except he was unable to get my pictures. UGH again. So today as I was leaving for work, I asked one more time if he could try to get my photos and he said he would. As I was leaving I said, "Failure is not an option!" I knew he needed the extra incentive.....or the fear that I'd be really pist if I lost the pics. Well, low and behold when I got home this afternoon he had gotten all my pictures off the old hard drive! Yay to him! I was so happy and grateful and once again up and running.

Now I'm anticipating the arrival of my house guest in the morning, a cat/kitten, I don't know. I have no happy cat stories in my life so at the moment I'm just hoping that at the end of his/her visit, he/she will still be alive.

We shall see.

No comments: