Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Keeper never slumbers

I read many devotionals every day. I received this one a few months ago and never got around to posting it but the subject is something that never changes. I need to be reminded of this frequently. I like to know that God is watching over me and even though I stumble quite often, He's still pleased with me. Even though God doesn't see me as a failure, I fight believing I am one every single day of my life. I still hope one day I won't believe it or have to fight it. Until then, I appreciate words like this one. I just have to learn to believe it about myself.

This devotional is distributed through email and is written by Bev Robinson. Her Husband Ras does one as well. I've been receiving it for a couple of years now and it never fails to speak to me.
The name of it is:
What the Lord is saying Today

I am always here for you. I never sleep and never slumber. Sometimes you wonder if I I will be there for you when you need Me. I will always be there with you. I have what you need when you need it. I have not left you alone. You need not spend any more time wondering, I watch over you with joy, seeing who you are now but also seeing who you are becoming. I am the Alpha and Omega, and see the end from the beginning. One day you will look back astounded at where you came from. My special precious one remain thankful and be at peace.

Psalms 121:1-4 (MLB) I RAISE my eyes toward the hills. Whence shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; your Keeper will never slumber. Behold, the Keeper of Israel will neither slumber nor sleep."

Bev Robinson

No comments: