Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Christmas Eve at Grandma's

I'm always amazed at my photographic ability when it's firing on all cylinders. Just take a look at the great photos I took of Lindsey and Bill in front of the Christmas tree at Grandma's on Christmas Eve. Can I shoot great pictures or what? I take my own breath away.



Fantabulific.

Now scroll down to have a look at the pre-photoshopped versions of the same pics.

It's frightening. There were tentacles growing out of Bill's head and I caught it on camera! Why didn't I move them? Or, why didn't I go get some clippers and trim the tree a bit? Why? Stuff like this makes me nutso.



If anyone needs a good photographer, give me a call.

More photos for rubber necking.

Not sure if Austin's calling for peace or "I'll take 2 please." Carlie's still queen of the photo bombs.


Emma, what's in that glass hon?


Silliness


Carrie's thoughts as I hear them.
What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
I ABSOLUTELY pulled that quote out of the old hiney.......BOOM!!


We're up to 7 or 8.


Although I don't want to make fun of old people who are under the weather, Billie June's scaring the begeezez out of me!


OK, that's a little better.


Caitlee B


That's some mighty pretty peaches and cream complexion.


Jared found a comfy place to sit.


Cute pic


Then Austin and I began an Olin Mills photo shoot.


How many times did I haul my kids out to Olin Mills and act like getting the perfect picture was the most important thing? More than I care to count, and I have stacks of pictures to prove it. Austin just needed to join me in putting his hand somewhere near his face in that natural way all people take photos.


Now that's what I'm talking bout.


One year at PGCA, the photographer had every single child rest their chins on their hands in the most ridiculous display. The fake window in the background as well as the stair banister completed the ridiculousness. These photos of my kids never made it out of the package.





I almost always have evidence to prove my stories. Whatever Turner/Walker children were at PGCA the year these were taken will also have the exact same posed photo as well. This must've been the new and upcoming trend in photography at the time.

Carrie and me. I like it. Don't complain Carrie.


OK if I didn't know this was some fandangled thermometer of Becky's and not some weird pacifier for the elderly, I'd have to secede from the family.


Mollie's trying to catch up with Bill for the "most aware of the photographer" photos of the holiday.


Now a discussion has begun about letting Jared open a present that was either Mollie's or Whitney's idea. I forget whose.


This is the same photo as the previous one but before I cropped out ALL the ceiling I apparently felt needed to be documented for posterity. Again.....NUTSO!!! Why so much ceiling? Why?


OK it's been decided. Jared's opening. That wallpaper may be the single busiest thing I've ever seen in my life. Big Frank loved it. He loved things flashy.


The gift was fire tools made by a man we go to church with.....beautiful. If only he had a fireplace in his house, but that's what renovations are for....right? Lydia's off to the side.


Whitney's speechless that she didn't get all the credit for the fireplace tools.


Was it her idea? Or was it Mollie's? Hmmmm...we may never know the truth. Nice job Mollie.


But Jared decided to thank Whitney anyway. Oh, and look.....lots more ceiling.


The boy with the gmaw. She just wasn't up to the task of having fun. Bummer.


Carrie and Owen....Olivia's in the background pondering life's questions.


Then Lindsey found a specially wrapped present to Whitney from Jared.


To a boy nothing says Merry Christmas better than duct tape.


It was decided to let her open the gift on Christmas Eve. It took 20 minutes to get into it. That's Randy sneaking a peek in the background.


I decided to keep this photo in the mix even though she looks a little crazed, but she's shocked beyond imagination. Now that's Randy, Keith and Dale in the background.


It's the 19,000th Ipod she's received from her brother in the last few years.

She's stunned at his generosity, especially since historically, her gifts to him have been....shall we say....pathetic. If Mollie hadn't talked her into the fireplace tools who knows what he would have gotten this year.

This next series of photos of Carlie and Caitlin pretty much sums up their entire relationship.







Yep....that's me agreeing with myself about what I just said.

Me and my Livvy.


and again


Then Lindsey started doing black cherry cola commercials.


Then once again Carlie started causing trouble by havin a hair pullin.


Lindsey's still commercializing. Mollie's now up to speed and fully aware of the camera's presence.


Lindsey's still enjoying the promotion of the cola. Mollie's still enjoying the promotion of herself, and CLEARLY Carlie's about to enjoy bustin some chops. So what does she do?


Wait for it......


YEP!! SEE? I'm not sure what she did to Mollie but clearly there was a happening. And then Carlie just sat back with the innocent, "ME? I didn't do ANYTHING!" look on her face.


Lindsey saw the whole thing as Mollie and Carlie are consumed with laughter.


Looking good JW.




And that's the typical Herrock/Ford/Walker/Turner/Sawnder Christmas Eve. I started to put the names in alphabetical order but then, I wouldn't be first!

So to sum up:
We communed.
We goofed.
We had fever.
We ate.
We slept.
Santa came.

That's a wrap on Christmas Eve 2010.

This post took days to complete.
And now I'm going to bed.
Sweet dreams to all who are already sleeping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it and you know Carlie was such a sweet child when she was little. I think she saved all her mischieviousness for her adult years. We most certainly do have those very posed pictures in my closet and barely seen the light of day but I love them now to laugh at

Becky said...

We did not have one mention of we cooked before we ate so I guess it just miraculously appeared as it does every year.
Well done and fun 2010 Christmas in spite of the illness which may slow but never stop a Etheredge/Walker/Ford/Turner/Herrock/Swander!
HO HO HO

Unknown said...

Can I just say I have ZERO recollection of the cola commercial incident. Scary....

Anonymous said...

THERE ARE SEVERAL MISTAKES IN THE POST.
WHITNEY WAS THE SOLE IDEA PROVIDER FOR JAREDS CUSTOM MADE
PRESENT. SOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!