Friday, February 18, 2011

Love notes from God

I want to feel more true love from the father than I ever have before. I do now, but not enough. One of the ways I'm working on feeling the love of God is in every day life. I practice this for a while and then I get focused on "what's next" in the day and before I know it, I've forgotten to look for what our family calls little love notes from God. They really are EVERYWHERE if you start paying attention. Here are just a few from this week.

I was walking into a building the other day feeling a bit nervous and as I was going in, I heard a morning dove call. Every time I hear that, I know God's sending me a little kiss on the cheek. I hear it a lot. That day He was reminding me I wasn't alone.

One afternoon this week I was driving to the college to get one of my girls and as I was passing a field I looked over to see two white cranes taking off in flight gracefully flying away as their big wings floated gently in the breeze. It was a lovely sight to behold and the beauty of it made me sigh a little.

I took these cloud pictures in July and put them away and haven't looked at them again. Well, the other night I was looking for some pictures to post and in the little closed folder of cloud pictures, I saw this peeking back at me. I opened the folder and was taken by surprise because I don't remember seeing this when I took the pictures last summer.

Have a look at the love note in the sky.





God does magnificent work if only I'd take the time to notice more often. It's just one more thing I'm working on changing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looooooove the clouds!!!! Amazing!!