Sunday, February 6, 2011

The final Christmas 2010 push

Christmas day at the gmaw's was full of eating, visiting and opening presents. After each household had Christmas at their house, we all met at Mom's for the final push. As usual, pictures were taken and hams fought for first place in the "see who can be the most hammy in pics." I'm afraid Bill lost first place to two others. Have a look and see. He was in it to win it for a little while, but he was up against seasoned hams. He had a good run. I love Christmas but I'm glad this is the last of it for this year. It's time to move on to something else.

Otis is going in for the sugar.


Maggie reined him in.


Then Whitney had to have a turn.


The only reason I added this picture is to show that no matter what the situation, Mollie's always aware of the camera....Caitlin however is not.


And a close up. It's ridiculous.


My lovely daughters.


Carlie looking sultry?


Clearly ham Mollie's now in the lead.


Yep for reals.


And again....always in the photo.


Then she must have quickly jumped over here when she saw another photo op.


Becky and Keith coordinated for the day. I DO NOT coordinate with John. He used to try to sneak coordination on Sunday morning with me but I made him STOP IT.


Left side of the room. Mollie wasn't fast enough to jump over here.


Right side of the room. But there she is on this side.


Now Whitney was singing at this moment and Dale was listening intently and Lydia was recording it....but look at Mollie. It's shameful.


By this time Bill tried to make a run for the title but by this time, it was too little too late.


The bounty.


Keith opening his "special" present from me.


They're stunned at my artistic ability. No one draws a stick person with a triangle dress like me.


You can't see the stick people, but they are all contained in the green oval. This was a western theme paper so that meant it was a depiction of July 4ths.....that's multi 4ths......


This was the piece de resistance (that's more french....I'm on a roll.)


It was an awesome picture and I wish I could take credit for the idea.....but Becky gave it to me.


Keith loves the dogs so much I decided to give him a picture of his favorite part.....lots of them.


Now it's Emma's turn to open her present from Whitney....she looked frightened.


Still opening.....


Check it, smell it for authenticity...


YES!! It's a Coach purse.....can't wait til spring to use it.


Then came Olivia's turn....Maggie gave her the Duke blue hair. Olivia rarely outs herself in this kind of photo position.


Olivia books for Olivia. Grandma's given her the whole series.


This picture is highly amusing. Owen looks like he's in the stocks....the punishment thing....Carlie's looking a little haggard and Emma? Well lets just enjoy shall we? Unfortunately Becky and Keith weren't doing anything stupid.


Caitlin's preparing to become a blue hair.


And she's happy about it.


She seems quite satisfied.


Keith looks forlorn, Carlie regrouped from her haggardness, Emma and Owen are unaware.


Now she's aware.


Full on shot of the aftermath.


Emma's turn for the blue hair.


Long tall Texan....actually Louisianian plus Carrie.


Caught in mid chew.


Great picture of Austin.


And another.


Cute pic Bill but it's just too late.


Caitlin's holding up an entirely inappropriate gift. It's an ice cube tray of Titanics and icebergs. Tsk tsk.


Seen this stance and face on Becky many times.


As well as this one with the hands on the hips.


Nice try Emma but Mollie won the day.


Even with these back to back cute pics. Bill and Emma live on to fight for the title another day. And that my friends is THE END of Christmas 2010 documentation. I couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

Mollie_Walker said...

OMG! i never win anything!! i am so pleased to have this honor bestowed upon me!

also, bill in his nook still makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

My sweet precious baby boy!!!!
It was his first Christmas.
And we just watched his first Super Bowl.
And he just ate his first bag of Peanut M&Ms that he stole from grandma....
He also likes sweet valentine hearts. How do I know?
Because he's eaten the ENTIRE bowl that mom had out.
Just like his mama...quite a sweet tooth.