Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's Labor Day 2012

So begins the posting of the 2012 Labor Day weekend at the farm. It was a smaller group this year, but we still had lots of fun! Of course it was hot and the usual things happened. We sat, we ate, we sweated, we heard coyotes, we hay rode. Hay rode? I don't think so, but anyway.....it was a good time to just be. Most of what Corsicana is about is just being there, because there's no need to rush or fret, or worry. There's NO agenda when at the farm. Each time I go I can feel the peace. I've never experienced it anywhere as I have there. It's worth it just for that. It will always be my favorite place in the world, and the only thing to make it better would be if Gran and Grandma were still there. Still there sitting on the back porch or just inside the house waiting for us to arrive. And I'll never forget the delight on my face or theirs once we saw each other. I can still remember once in the driveway, my kids jumping out of the car and racing to get to them as quickly as they could. Maybe that's what heaven will look like to me....Corsicana with Gran and Grandma still there.

Now that I've depressed everyone....lets get to the business at hand. Looking at 9 million pictures of William, and a few of the other people in attendance.This is a combination of my pictures and Melanie's. Mollie and Emma took some as well, but there's absolutely NO WAY to tell who took what. Except that all the good ones were most assuredly taken by me! OK that's not true, but I'm in charge of the words here so that's my story and I'm sticking with it.


Moving on....

First night's sunset. Definitely taken by Melanie.
Perfect.
A blue eyed Olivia.
We ran out of chairs.
Emma and Hank up close and personal.
The back porch peeps, including another Maxine sighting. Anyone tired of that joke yet?
Horses looking for some oatmeal apple bites.

Carlie T became exhausted trying to finish her enormous Sonic and collapsed in the swing.
Then Willie D showed up.
And things got cute.
And he spent lots of time.
Hanging with the peeps.
In the cool zone.
He liked it a lot.

And because I can't figure out how to add more pictures to the end of this post instead of the beginning, this one ends here.

Picture me red faced, with large amounts of steam coming out of my ears, while asking, "Why God why?!?!?!?!"

Ugh to the uggers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for more!!!

gnar car said...

it was hot.