Thursday, September 15, 2011

We are now horse people

We have a neighbor in Corsicana who does the nicest things for us. He's helped us out many times with problems at the farm when we weren't able to be there. Dan loved Gran like he was his own grandfather, and he and his wife and son were always so nice to check on Gran and Grandma when they still lived there. On this particular trip, on Sunday morning, he brought us quite a surprise. To the delight of all, Hank the horse came to spend a few days with us. Dan brought along a saddle as well, and as you'll see, children and adults alike had a blast. I think Hank had fun too. I'll have to say I love the way a horse looks in our pasture. They are so beautiful and add to the picturesqueness. I'm glad Hank came for a visit.

I think we managed to get a photo of almost everyone who joined in the riding fun. Some riders were more successful than others. A couple of people ended up in the trees until Hank decided to mosey on. Oh that Hank. He's a hoot!

Ella's getting acquainted with Hank.


Looks like they like each other.


Look at those fancy bareback riders.


Ella's in love already.


The Price girlies all aboard.


Maddie looks like quite the horsewoman.


Hang on Maddie!


"Heeyyyy people! I got my cowboy hat now bring that horse to me."


Maggie and Ella having fun.


Still having fun.


I spy a camera.


Meredith may have been one of the "tree people." Let's see what happens. Shall we?


Yeppers, Hank was in the mood for a walk through the cypress.


Jeff's trying to give Mere some direction.


She made it back safe and sound.


"There's no steering wheel or blinkers.....what's a girl to do?"


Looks like she still had fun though. Thanks to Mollie, I have LOTS more of Mere with many facial expressions. I've decided to honor those pics with a single post...later. Wait for it, it's gonna be good.


Looks like Ella could teach Mom a thing or two.


Whitney and Ella taking a turn.


Oops, they became tree dwellers.


I can almost hear Mollie saying, "Giddy up horsie....giddy up!"


Hank and Whitney. I'm sure they had a conversation.


Maggie and Maddie. Maddie and Maggie.


Hey, Mollie and Hank made it to the front yard.


Jeff and Ava having a turn.


Looks like she had fun.


Jared and Hank having a moment.


Ava seems unsure about this.


She seems to be warming up.


Nope, unsure again.


Emma looking sassy.


Olivia's becoming one with Hank.


She's quite the horsewoman. And look! Maggie's with her too!


Hank's very handsome. I love him.

And notice there are no pictures of me on the horse for fear of people posting pics of me and commentating. And yet, I so enjoy doing it to others.

Blogging has such power!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mere on the horse was funny in real life and photographically!!!!

Jeff said...

can i please be first in line at your book signing!!!!!! hilarious! - and just in case yall were worried...my scratches are just now healing!!! ha ha ha!!
L.o.V.e all the pics of the girls! can't wait to see more!!! :)