Sunday, April 17, 2011

Went to visit Clydesdales last week. They are huge and friendly.










Been very disappointed by many different things this week. Don't understand life. Probably never will.

Yesterday we had a work day at church and as Whitney was digging in the dirt, I heard her say, "Oh, hello little worm!"

Once again today, because I can't bend over to pick up the piece of candy I dropped on the floor without screech worthy pain, I'm reminding myself I hate manual labor. It's no good.

Owen's back home after a bus trip to Baton Rouge for his literary rally test at LSU. Don't know the how or the when of the results, but it's a first for any of my kids to be sent off on a bus out of town and spend the night with people I don't know.

If I could be anywhere this very minute, it'd be Corsicana. No better place on earth.

Can't believe Owen's first year in high school is already coming to a close. GADZOOKS! Time and age are creeping up on me and no matter how many times I try to hide, it still finds me.

At the end of May the status of my kids will be: Caitlin, college graduate and looking for a job. Emma, college junior. Olivia, college sophomore. Owen, high school sophomore. Unbefreaking.

Word search update: 62 at present. People this project is so difficult I just can't tell you. We have one month to find 38 more. It's gonna be close.

I can find more mundane useless things to do than any other person I've ever met. It's an art form.

I wore my reading glasses tucked in my shirt collar yesterday while at the work day at church. It's so important to have close up reading glasses for gardening. Anyway, of course I never needed them and of course they fell off somewhere and of course I didn't realize it until I got home. So I went back and looked and of course I couldn't fine them. I came back home but was so disturbed about losing my $3 glasses, John offered to go back and help me look. Well, I'd just about given up as I was walking by the last place I'd been working, and as I looked down at some leaves, I could see the sun reflecting off the tiniest piece of lens that was peeking out from under its hiding place. Glasses were recovered courtesy of God's divine placement of the sun while I was looking.

Earlier in the week I purposefully chewed 3 pieces of bubble gum on my way to work at Gap to impress four three year olds with blowing bubbles. It worked brilliantly as long as I was able to dodge tiny fingers from popping said gum bubbles.

A little girl was running over to tattle the other day at Gap and before she'd made it the whole way I said, "If you're coming to tattle another tale then just turn around and go right back from where you came." She paused, looking dejected, then ran away.

I seriously need a notebook to remind myself of funny things seen and said during each week because I can never remember any of them.

Sigh....

Birds are a chirping outside.

It's nap time inside.....

1 comment:

COCO said...

I want a Clydesdale SOOOOO bad!!!!!!