Friday, May 7, 2010

No more life as a buzzer shot

Judy Heidenreich asked me tonight if i knew what Dottie's name meant. I didn't' so she looked it up. Her name is a derivative of Dorothy which means gift of God. That information nearly knocked me over. I had no idea. Thank you Lord for this gift and please make plenty of red blood cells and make her strong. We go later today to find out what her cell count is. Please pray for a number much larger than 14. We have to have it. And she has been coughing quite a bit tonight. Lord help me not to worry and trust you to make her completely well. In Jesus name amen.

I'm ready for my life not to resemble a really close basketball game. You know the kind that, for me, I can barely watch because I want my team to win so bad that I almost have to turn the TV off until it's over and someone just tells me what happened. I don't like buzzer shot games. I want to be winning by at least 50 points BUT, even then, my stomach may still be a bit squishy until the final buzzer. I don't want any more squishy stomachs. I want to trust and believe in my heart that all is well with my soul in spite of what's right in front of my eyes.

No comments: