Sunday, May 9, 2010

An explanation and a favorite picture

For those of you that may not know, Dottie passed away Friday, May 7th, the day before Olivia's 18th birthday. I cannot tell you how sad we are that she's not at home with us. I'm not sure when I'll write her story, but in the meantime, I'll be posting Mollie's story of Gran this weekend. It's quite wonderful. If anyone else would like to write their own version of Gran, or anyone else, I'd be happy to post that as well.

For now, I'll leave you with a picture of Dottie. It's how I like to think of her now, exploring the pastures of heaven, waiting for her family to join her someday. We miss her terribly. Her white tipped tail, which was fluffy and soft, was the perfect picture of a feather duster swaying from side to side as she trotted along to her destination.

John and Olivia said it best when they stated that she found us and made us hers.

That is truly spoken.

She was wonderful and left us much too soon.

No comments: