Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A day to remember

September 11, 2009
When hard times come I would like to think I am ready for them but instead my insides feel a lot like mush. Today I have chosen not to dwell on what happened on this date 8 years ago but it’s not because I don’t care or have forgotten. The heartache of people once again facing the loss of their loved ones is too unbearable to me. It becomes too real again on this day and the stories about how people died and were trapped and knew that they were going to die and never see their family again is so terrible. Some years I watch all the shows and some years I just can’ face it. This has been one of those I can’t face it kind of years.

So all 6 of us went out to Moon Lake road tonight looking for anything interesting crawling along but there were none to be found. Lots of high flying frogs though, they jump with such determination as they cross the road, but some don’t make it to the other side. I do feel bad for them. I’m glad I’m not a frog.

No mice were found by Dottie today, thank goodness and as I failed to point out last night, the real freak out should have been, “Do we need to sell the house because 1 mouse was found in the backyard?!" I realize that they may be out there but until I am actually faced with that fact I like to ignore that vermin may be nearby. Mice are not my friends. Dottie also catches and eats locusts. She is a rural country dog and she embraces her country side. I love that dog and I’m glad she found us. Some days are good. Today ranked in that category.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in hm would not perish but have eternal life.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I have no recollection of going to moon lake...