Monday, September 28, 2009

A mouse

Dottie caught a mouse in the backyard tonight, and she was tossing it around like a rag doll. I guess her country dog roots came out. She brought it to the back door as if to share, but I made her stay outside. Vermin in the mouth one second, and wanting inside the next....is not enough degrees of separation. So because John and Owen were at the Walkers watching the Steelers game, I had to scoop it up with a shovel and bury it in the yard while Olivia pretended to be busy holding one sad little flashlight. And mouse burying gives me one more good reason to not like the Steelers. It’s not my job to scoop and bury but the Pittsburgh Steelers made me do it. Whatever.....that’s all for today short and sweet. Well, not really sweet but to the point.

Lord help me be more like you and less of me and remind me that when you see me, you see Jesus, even when I'm burying a mouse.

1 Corinthians 1:26-27
26Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world's eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you.
27Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And He chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Dead rodents get the ewww factor.