Thursday, February 23, 2017

An Olympic style stolen snap

It's Wednesday, about 1:45 when I'm beginning to work on this post, so wish me luck that I get it finished in time to not fake it this week. I have plenty of hours to piddle and get distracted and find things to do until tomorrow night. I need to get busy looking for distractions. 

As I sit here looking out my backdoor trying to think of something to write about, I've found my first. I just remembered I was going outside to do a little spring cleaning in the backyard and pick up poop. It's like a minefield out there. A minefield of poop. I know because I was out there yesterday trying to take a pic of the tiniest flower with my phone lens John gave me for Christmas. I was walking gingerly...and not through the tulips. Oh wait, that was tiptoe through the tulips. But I don't have any tulips. I do have dog poop though. 

I think that was a stream of consciousness. 

I'll be back, the outside is calling me and I can hear it loudly. 

I'm back and it's 1:32 AM and I'd say I was well distracted for a very long time. Almost twelve hours to be exact. What I found when I was outside (after the poop picking up) was a lovely cool breeze making my wind chimes sing a lovely tune. So I sat in the swing and studied my yard in the hope of finding new vision for the coming spring and summer. Sadly, it needs many things to make it a better place. Starting with a fence and going from there. 

Now it's 11:47 AM and I'm leaving to get my haircut. This post is gonna be close...

OMG John texted me at 2:30 and said he wanted to leave for Texas today and not tomorrow! He never does this. I'm leaving in the next 30 minutes! 

I very much regret my distractions and procrastinations. I have tasted my own medicine and it is bitter.

Lucky for me I did most of this in spite of my putting it off. 

Lets get right to the Olympic snaps I stole in August or July or whenever they were! Our family loves the Olympics!! Come see what sports we participated in while snapping.
Beba loves the Olympics as much as anyone I've ever known.
It looks as if William does too. At least the snaps anyway. 
Anna had no idea about the Olympics, but she will learn.
Mollie looks pretty pumped about it.
Excellent Olympic Gold Medal in bottle drinking. Well done Jack. 
The flame burns bright in this one. That was a Star Wars reference if no one got that. 
Maggie! Is at the opening ceremonies watch party the girls always have. It's tradition.  That was an Ever After reference. FYI. 
I won the gold in the silly face rubber ducky competition.  
Either Lucas is singing or fencing. 
Engarde William!
James is all like, "Whaaa?"
I think that face on Beebs means she came in third which means the bronze. Better luck next time Beba.
Lucas has his game face on and ready for anything. Or the "Mikayla is not impressed" face. 
Eleanor was not feeling the table tennis that day. 
But William looked confident in his ability to bring home the gold for USA in ping pong.
Kit Kat looked bored...
Then surprised maybe?
That's a bullseye on William with a side of Carlie.
A William nose with a bullseye right on it. 
Last one of William. 
James doesn't seem sold. 
Is that you Lucas?
This was popular with the boys. 
Lucas won the gold in something.
That's a confetti covered Beba showing her patriotism. Not a snuggle toothed Beba.
That's me.
Anna is not amused or impressed.
But she looks good in those goggles. 
Beba's on the starting blocks. 
Jack may one day be an Olympic swimmer. We shall see. 
In other news, some of my family will be going to Corsicana starting tomorrow. It will be the first trip of 2017 for me. 

People! That sentence above was written yesterday so a lot has happened since then! 

I have to gooooooooo.

See ya after Texas. 

1 comment:

Mollie_Walker said...

This was a FAB post to remember the wonderful olympics. I can't wait to see your post about this Corsicana trip!