Saturday, April 3, 2010

Remember when.....

We were in church and Dale asked the question, "If you haven't been blessed by a retreat then say amen," and Caitlin who had not been paying attention actually did?

Whitney stopped playing her piano piece at convention and the judges, feeling bad for her said, "Oh you can start over and Whitney said, "It's not gonna get any better." And got up and walked off.

Whitney went surfing on my green ottoman in my den, even though it had rollers on it, (on the slick floor) and in slow motion, as Lindsey and I watched, flew sideways to the floor hard.....hip first. It was one of the most stunning events I've ever witnessed.

Our basketball code names for our enemies:
Big AL and Mrs. Winky
The Russian and Mother Russia

Grandma saying, "Andrew, when did you get here?"

Dale lit the 1000 ball of firecrackers and ran from it in "strobe lighting."

Gran was attacked by the bees and took off trying to get away from them and made it to the back porch and as he was trying to get the bees out of his clothes........ahem....with Becky's "help" and then a bee got in her hair and she proceeded to run around the back yard whooping and jumping and whooping and stopping and whooping and.....well you get the point. Then after it was over, seeing Gran's path to the house that was littered with branches from his peach trees as he had tried to stick his head in the trees trying to "hide" from the pursuing bees.

Gran farted very loudly in Wal Mart and then blamed it on Dale.

I thought the wall by my bed was my pillow and sleepily slammed my head into it "TWICE" before it occurred to me that wasn't "it."

When I was about 10 years old I put Melanie's white, cotton, with no give, long nightgown on without permission and then proceeded to "attempt" a high kick in my bedroom. Me and the floor met real quick like. Little birdies flew many circles in my head.

Whitney was in church and said, "God is good amen?"
You may have had to be there for that one.

1 comment:

gnar car said...

HAHAHHAHAHA. love these!

caitlin's "amen" is epic because i was sitting right next to her and i will never forget her face when she realized what she'd said.