Monday, June 12, 2017

Post 1 about Texas and what's been happening

We will be leaving town on Wednesday, so I have a problem with my Thursday posting. I'm going to try my best to post several things before we leave so be ready for a flurry of posts, or one. I'll see how motivated I am. 

I'll give a quick update about life before I begin my posting. John and I are moving forward on our back bathroom redo. It began two years ago, and I'm not even kidding. In the weeks ahead, and before Owen returns from Mississippi, we hope to have most or all of it completed. But let me tell you, stuff costs money, and stuff ain't cheap.

On Saturday, Blake came for her first visit to our house and we got along splendidly. She gave SaSa's house a big thumbs up.  
Her thumb didn't actually go up, but she was quite happy while here. Well, she actually slept almost the whole time, which caused John to say, "She's either tired from growing, or terrified about her unknown surroundings and therefore shut down."
I think that looks like relaxed sleep and not terrified sleep. 


She and Beba took a turn about the yard. 
We showed her our growing gourd. 
And we had to do a snap. 
That brings us to yesterday when the Swander kiddos came for lunch and then I spent the afternoon uploading 9 gazillion photos to my blog which reminded me why I hate uploading 9 gazillion photos to my blog. Hopefully I will be able to complete this ambitious project before I leave town two days from now.

But before I leave, I looked back to our April trip to Dallas/Corsicana which I can't believe happened two months ago! Olivia and I can't believe we've missed the spring in Texas with only one trip completed. I hate that, but work for her and being a chicken for me, has kept us home. I just don't have the guts to stay there by myself. Maybe when I become an adult, the dark nights in the country won't be as scary. You'd think it was only a matter of time before I grow up. 

In browsing through my pics from that trip, I saw peppered amongst them stolen snaps from people not in Texas. I decided to mix things up a bit, so here's what I did. As, chronologically as I can make happen, the post will begin with our trip to Dallas and then Corsicana. So any snaps I stole will tell a tale of what you were doing while I was in Texas. Get it? I've probably over explained a very easy thing. So lets get started.

Back in April, we had a girls' trip to Dallas, and then we went to Corsicana from there. Many people came and went and you will see it all if you just scroll down. 

Lets do this! 
Before we left town Anna used Maisy as a recliner. 
Beba stayed behind to start and I made her a chicken salad sandwich. 
The weather was less than ideal of us on our way to Dallas.
And did not improve. Bad weather driving is so stressful.
While we were on our way to Dallas, Blake was back at home sleeping and growing. 
Meanwhile in DC, Emma was enjoying the cherry blossoms.
In Texas, Caitlin found some awesome glasses she should have bought. 
Back in Lafayette, Aaron was being a big ole baby about not wanted to be the bunny. 
This picture isn't chronological at all, but I needed it to prove a point. After his fear of being made into a bunny, he came to Monroe where I knew I had to make it happen. Then. Boom. Mission accomplished and I'm the best one. 
Back at James' house, he was missing a boot. 
Apparently the only snapchat aversion Aaron has is to being a bunny. King? He's OK with. Using an oven mitt to eat ice cream? Pretty good trick. Even for a yankee. OK, I guess technically he's not a yankee. But that Mason Dixon line is rigid for me. Oh geez. I just looked up Mason Dixon line and it's blown everything out of the water. More later.  
The cool people in Dallas were at Fernando's drinking margaritas. OLE!
Marlie was living large at her temporary home in Lafayette. 
Me with my saggy neck was playing with filters in Dallas before a full day of shopping. 
Melanie was doing the same. 
Back to the fear of the bunny? Come on man! Snap out of it!! 
Caitlin and I found a huge pot for John in Dallas. 
Meanwhile in Pennsylvania, Vera was looking fabulous in her Easter bonnet. 
In Louisiana, Blake was looking troubled while still sleeping and growing. 
In DC, Emma was cute in the cow glasses while enduring a bad hair day. 
At home, the day came for Olivia and Addy to come to Dallas and then to Corsicana.
I do love those glasses. 
I think you said that already. 
Melanie and I usually have down time while waiting for two sisters, who shall remain nameless. You all know who I'm talking about. We only have two more. 
By this time on this day somewhere in Dallas we'd already been to two fabric stores. YIKES! And then a new nightmare became real to me. A button store. A store for buttons. All they sell is buttons. Just thing about that. Do you have any....chairs? No...just buttons. How about a lamp? Nope, just the buttons. Whaattt abbboout...shoes? No, no, no, we just want to sell buttons. Oh, then this is the wrong store for me. Then I waited in the car.
There were flamingos in stores EVERYWHERE!! A year ago Caitlin, Emma, and Olivia gave each other necklaces. They chose for each other. So, Emma and Olivia gave Caitlin a flamingo. She was highly offended because she didn't see herself as a flamingo. I totally saw it. She did not. Fast forward to some time later and finally she said, "Maybe I AM a flamingo!" Then she lost her necklace. It was a strange twist of fate. Now when I see a flamingo, I think of Caitlin. 
This is outside Sprinkles Cupcakes and I think Addy is smelling them!
What happened was, Olivia drove my car to Dallas with Addy. Caitlin and Olivia spent the evening together in Dallas, but Melanie, Carrie and I took possession of Addy and drove to Corsicana. Olivia came later that evening. 
This is us leaving. Addy wouldn't like the button store anymore than I did.
This is Olivia and Becky heading out into the world of Dallas. 
In Shreveport, Sadie was looking cute and sassy. 
When we arrived in Corsicana, the bluebonnets looked quite fantastic in the waning sun of the day. 
That same day (I don't know if it was or not but I needed a transition) Blake was looking cute.
Caitlin bought a watermelon blanket while we were shopping. And what's funny is, she doesn't even LIKE watermelon!
Lots was happening in Lafayette. Lauren tried on the cow glasses and I suspect she wants a pair. 
At the same time Mollie was sniffing Vick's like a boss. 
I suspect this was Carlie on her way to work. Eeyore is coming through in this snap.
Caitlin was in Dallas battling sinus issues.  Mollie pass that Vick's over to Kit Kat. 
At home that day, James was packing for his trip to the farm. 
Blake was doing her thing at her house. 
Beba was living large in Texas.
And enjoying a white sprinkled donut. 
With the essentials packed, the Swanders were getting closer to leaving town for Corsicana. 
There they go! I love a road trip!
Back in Corsicana, we went to Atwood's and found fine dress wear for women.
This made me laugh again. Get it? Chicken and dressing? That's funny stuff. From my perspective, if you can buy your clothes and your chickens from the same store, maybe you shouldn't. 
While I was shopping for clothes for chickens, the Swanders were eating lunch in Shreveport. 
Still at Atwood's, I was finding tractor socks for baby girls. 
After that, I had to go take my Frank's picture for the trip. 
Then the Swanders arrived.
And swinging began.
The pond had to be looked at almost immediately. 
Contemplating life by or in the pond.
This is very Christopher Robin like.
Besties.

Sweetness.
I adore this picture. 
And how sweet is this?
That looks like popcorn Anna is eating, I don't think it is. 
Gotta do some lawn mower riding with the kids. 
As the sun set on the day, we gathered to enjoy it. 
Climbing on the fence and watching the sunset is tradition. 
God bless Texas. 
The sunset did not disappoint.
Kiddos were getting jammied up and ready for bed. Addy was maintaining  her closed eye pics. 
The sun was putting on a show. 
And the kids were making a memorable picture. 
A pajama clad James sneaking one last peak. 
Olivia, William and Addy took one more walk in the pasture. 
And a piggy back ride. 
The next day, Mollie was still struggling with her allergies. My, what a big head you have. 
Lucas in Laffy, had found the cow glasses and was looking pretty sharp in them. 
Mollie had moved on to a purple beard and a glazed look from an apparent lack of sleep. 

Anna seemed happy to be there.
William and Carlie played some serious football.
Olivia and I were on a country ride on my favorite country road. 
The munchkins had a full morning and therefore were napping.
The purple beard has its upsides. 
I used my phone lens attachment to take big pictures of tiny flowers. 
One more. 
That afternoon we had an epic fail at trying to get a cute bluebonnet pic in the too bright sun. 
Blake was still chillin in Monroe.
Another day, another good sunset in Texas.
There was football tossing in the pasture. 
And before we knew it, another day was almost over.
But there was one more touchdown to be made.
One more James and Beba picture to take. 
And this gem was taken.
Then an impromptu photo shoot took place with William. 




Brothers in arms....
But really brothers on the fence. 
James had some fence work to do.
Almost done.
Anna joined in.
A baby and a fence make some cute pictures. 
Another day done in Texas. 
There's one done! I have two more to do before I leave and Lord help me it's gonna be 
close!

I have no time to talk!

Peace on earth, goodwill toward all the taters. 

1 comment:

Mollie_Walker said...

Shock and awe! Shock and awe! SHOCK. AND. AWE!!! THREE posts in one day!! What a way to start the weekend! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ