Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Here's the third of three

I'm bringing it home people! This is the last installment of our April Texas trip as well as what everyone else was doing while we were there. I'm a little premature in the cockiness since it's 11:44 PM on Tuesday night and I'm just now beginning this post, but I will prevail!

Since I was last here, nothing's happened. Really I've been working on the previous post all night and only stopped to make chicken salad and then I packed and now back to finish this last one. This is the most prolific I've been since I don't even know.

When last here we had just completed the plumbing fixing.

Lets get this started and finished...
Blake was communicating at home. 
Emma was lounging in DC.
It was storming in Corsicana. 
It was storming in Lafayette.
Dogs were disturbed in a two state area. 
That's a pretty dreary day. 
It was storming in Ruston where Maggie was as well. 
It's not every day you see a lost cow sign and it totally blows a hole in my theory that cows are self policing when they get out of their pasture and into the free world. I still stand at a 95%...I still believe in the cow.
Jack was working that hat back in Laffy.
The Swanders were in the eye of the storm once they got back to their home. 
James version of a tornado drill seems to be a tomato drill. 
But back in Texas, we were enjoying a lovely day with cloudy clouds. 
One more.
We found so many bluebonnets near a city that begins with an E and I can't remember the name right now.
Nice patches of lovely flowers. 
I like the train in the background of the picture. 
The blue b's were putting on a show.
I'm not sure if these were fading, or if there was more white in these bluebonnets. 
I mean, that's white, with maybe a hue of pink. 
Get ready for many of these.
I love these flowers!!
These are spectacular. 
This road to the E town was quite the lovely drive.
Emhouse! That's the name of the town!
Paintbrushes are my fave too. 
While we were out looking at bluebonnets John had gone somewhere looking for arrowheads.
He was largely rewarded. 
I kept taking pictures of bluebonnets.
Still taking pictures of flowers.

A country rode covered up with bluebonnets is my happy place. 
Throw some primrose in the mix and wow.

The cows wondered what we were doing.
Melanie took this picture and it's better than mine. 
She took this one too and it's fabulous. 
A field of paintbrushes. Just divine. 
Look at those lovely cloudy clouds. 
This applies to many many families I know....maybe mine.
There may be multi pics of clouds coming, so get ready. 

Just three.
When we all gathered back at the farm, we were still looking for a second septic tank that was supposed to be somewhere in the pasture. 
There was a crawfish nearby. 
Needle? Meet the haystack.
The last night means the last Brahms's. 
We see that. 
Carlie was back at work and into the coffee. Heh heh heh.
A few more pictures were needed of the bluebonnets. 


There should be no confusion in those two names. 
Chubby body, narrow mouth makes it a narrow mouthed frog or toad. Not sure which one this is. 
A skink, John was busy finding stuff.
Last sunset.
For the trip.
Ugh, look at that day.
Agreed. It's almost always painful to leave. 
I did it. I've completed three blog posts in three days and now I'm leaving town. It's the first time I've been out of town since this Texas trip in April. It was quite shocking when I realized it. I've had one afternoon trip to Jackson and that's it since April! I've got to improve that somehow. I love a good road trip. 

Now I'm off to complete my pre-trip chores and we'll be off til Monday. 

In the meantime, Lord have mercy on our nation. God is our only answer. 

Safety for all and safe travels for us. 

Amen...

1 comment:

Mollie_Walker said...

I am THRILLED with the result of three posts!! When you get home, you can do it all over again for this trip! ☺️☺️