Thursday, May 11, 2017

A few things and the sunglassed set

The last six days have been huge people and I've had no extra time to blog. We've made big decorating changes at the church and the process has taken multi days, and lots of time working in a much more manual labor manner than I'm accustomed to. But even before the church work began, John and I had started some yard work. The two works together were two too much. I'm too pooped to pop right now. Sorta hung over from working as opposed to sitting on the couch. I've mastered that. 

There are so many moving parts in my family right now. Caitlin's still in Dallas, Emma's back from DC and will fly back soon. Olivia's still managing to make cupcakes daily. Owen finished his finals today and is officially a senior in college. Holy smokes on that one. 

He will be interning in Mississippi this summer for 10 weeks and I suspect I will see him very few times in those 10 weeks even though he won't be far away. This time next year I will have four college graduated people as my kids. If I linger on that thought too much, I'm not sure I'll recover from the idea that we did it. We got four kids out of college with no debt and all are contributing to society. We can't claim one screaming protester in the bunch. That fact may be the best compliment I could ever give myself. 

There may be some changes ahead that I'm praying for and waiting to see happen. More later on that front. 

Now onto the snaps. Not sure this is my best work, but it's fake Thursday and I have to be up by 8:30. Yikes!!      

In honor of the coming sunglass season (that's summer in case you didn't make that connection) this week's stolen snaps is all about the sunglasses.
This is a peace loving Jack. I say that because these look like 60's style glasses. 
Groovy.
Goofy groovy.
Add a little jazziness with earrings and you have yourself....
A partay.
It works for all ages. 
Even with a paci.
It must have been a cold day in Louisiana. 
I'm assuming it was close to Valentine's when this came along. 
William looks unamused. 
But James....
Was living large.
How cute is Kit Kat?
What a goober this woman is. 
Then Anna got into the game.
But seemed unsure until...
Clearly she had seen a number of cupcakes that was an *** load.
This picture always makes me laugh. 
As does this one. Although it's not a snap pic, it's worthy of posting for, like, ever. Such a character is this kid. 
Our family doesn't lack for characters born into it. 
Yes I know these aren't sun, but they are glasses. Minor little detail. 
I have no comment on the timing of the lights coming down. 
I'm not sure why snapchat thought a bear needed some sunnies.
Anna seems to be wondering about it as well. 
I barely see hair Mollie!
I'm thinking this is Carlie, but I'm a little unsure. 
I think it's the cheeks. The cheeks make the bear. 
She just flew in from Boca. Said in a cigaretty voice.
Seems to be freezing, while in the midst of beach balls. I smell a conflict. 
Solo cups and beach balls and James. 
Add coca cola and you know what you get...
That's a scary Mom disapproving face even behind those shades. I can see it. 
My beach balls didn't show up. Nobody say a word. 
Only cups.
Not sure it was a good one, but again, makes me laugh.
This is really quite something. 
It's a rare sighting of Gams doing snapchat with the grands. 
Cutie Wyatt.
Me thinks someone enjoyed St. Patty's Day a little too much.
He knows he's cute. 
I'm not sure about this look Carlie. 
For Anna either. 
This one is much better!
A change of color.
Blue for last. 
Anyone for a game of golf?
Jack's ready for one as well.
I see brothers playing golf together in the future. 
No sunglasses. No clue either. 
These need to be real, cause they're super cute!
God be with you as you go.
But fruit loop glasses would be genius. 
And I would buy them. 
Say no to mutton chops and tattoos. 
That's it. I've done it again. 

As I close ask yourself this...

Is it Thursday? Is it Friday? 

My lips are sealed as well as my eyes very soon...

2 comments:

Mollie_Walker said...

I seriously wondered if this would happen because of all of the church progress! I'm thrilled to see it DID happen!! Very nicely done!!

Emma said...

I need to up my selfie snap-game because I didn't make it in here at all.
And what am I even doing on this website right now?? I have a million other things to be doing! This blog must be my procrastination station.