Friday, December 16, 2016

Two more...2007 and 2008

Well I have to report that even after I got to bed the other night...or morning...I didn't sleep much at all. It was more like a simmer not a sleep. I was fully aware of all things going on even with my eyes closed. The truth is, if I get 5 hours of sleep, that's a good night. So when I was finished with my simmering, I got right back to blogging. HAHAHAHAHA. That's not even true. But I do realize if I don't hurry this process up, I'll not finish before Santa passes next week. That phrase is an homage to you Lauren. 

When I started this project, I calmly assumed I'd find each and every year in such perfect order that it would take 20 minutes to place all of them in a blog post, dust it up and I'd be done in a flash. That couldn't have been further from the truth. What really happened was I started looking and when I couldn't find some years, I started panic looking for ANYTHING with gingerbread in it. 

Which explains what you see below. I happened upon this cake in a flurry of thinking, "I spy a gingerbread! And I did, it just wasn't a gingerbread house. It was a cake. This cake. Made sometime in 2007. Those are also gingerbread sprinkles on the top, but clearly it's not a house for the people of ginger ethnicity. 
I did think it worthy of posting. That's a skirt on the right ginger. One boy, one girl, no questioning here. 
And here we are at 2007 and the single shot of these two lovely houses joined in a neighborhood of gingerness by the middle tree. I think these are pre-boxed gingerbread houses. It may have been too much to try another big project after the previous year of attempting to make homemade construction worthy dough.
Enjoy this and linger...it's THE ONLY ONE.
In 2008 is when there was complete and utter failure to document thoroughly the gingerbread project. We see the people constructing and we have a dog...sorry but is that Truly or Otis? I have no idea. I'm going with Truly. RIP Truly. 
I know they're working on ginger, but we can't see any of what they're making. 
I'm sorry but I DO NOT believe Dale was helping with gingerbread house construction. NO. WAY.  
Our first peek of what we will never see the final product. 
It was a train and it had some peppermints near it. Were they used as wheels or something else? We shall never know. 
A lovely close up of peppermints. 
This is the best we got folks. The box in the background is as close as we'll get, but I bet it was perf when completed. I can see it in my mind's eye right now. That's not even true. 
Connie is working on something so top secret we couldn't have it in the photo. 
And that's it for 2008 folks. Lets have a moment to reflect on a huge mistake. OK, I'm done. 

But wait.....

That same year my people made another sugar cube house at our home. Did we freeze out all other workers and not tell anyone what we were doing? Did we have a falling out with the other ginger making people? Nah, they just wanted to make a more elaborate house made of cubes of sugary delight. Maybe to give Rosie another shot at a good licking of it. I have to say though, it was really quite spectacular. It was made so lights could be added for a wonderful sugary glow for a magical experience. 

Lets go look!    
I'm not sure they even let me help, but this thing is freaking fantastic. 
A side view of the gumdrop fence.
The rear is as cute as the front. Wait a second....there's a joke in there that I'm maturely gonna pass by. But it wasn't easy. 
One more of the rear of the house. My brain is exploding right now. 
It's magical.
The rear is magical too. Seriously in pain...
I was on top of taking plenty of pictures of this one I'd say!
I'm pretty sure...
This one may be my favorite ever. 
This post encompasses just two years of gingers and before I've finished these as well as more postings, I will have added new words to the English language for terms regarding descriptions of ginger housing for the elderly. That made no sense. But I don't care, because I liked the way it sounded. 

An update about my sleeping because I know people have been on the edge of their seats. I went to bed last night at three and had minimal sleep again, and I'm showing no signs of needing a nap either. Steroid use for sinus issues will fix one thing and wreck another. In this case, breathing trumps sleeping. 

But I'm gonna have to pump up the jam because there is a big weekend ahead. And because the weekend will be super busy I'm not sure when my next post will come! But I'm under the gun to finish seven more years before next weekend! I've got to calm down on the exclaiming. 

And I'm not really worried because I think I can. 

I think I can. 

I can.

I've developed a pioneer can do spirit! 

I'm also tired, but not sleepy.

I'm off to run errands and go see cute Lafayette Turner kiddos! 

God bless us everyone and all traveling people make safe haste. 

1 comment:

Mollie_Walker said...

LISA. I am NOT kidding. I told someone two hours ago that I needed to chill with my exclaiming!
These posts are everything I hoped they would be! I can't wait to see more!!!