Tuesday, December 20, 2016

It was the year 2010....2011....2012

Well I have been on a detour of epic proportions in the last 24 hours. Yesterday I saw there was a new update for my phone, so I tried to download it, but it kept saying my phone wasn't hooked up to the wifi. Blessed my soul so much because it WAS hooked up to the wifi! So, I tried to update it through my computer, and was informed by my computer that my computer was full. I was so happy and gleeful. That revelation caused me to begin the process of deleting some of the 15,000 photos I have on my computer. I hate removing photos from my computer. Hate. Even if I have two backups for my pictures, I hate taking them off my computer. Hate.  

After I spent hours deleting photos and accidentally losing some that I had super backed up on three devices, the update still would not work. By this time I'm RAGING against the machine. I had already tried to find an explanation on the innerwebmachine and then I tried one more time. I finally found that you can actually have a corrupt update, which I did, so I found how to delete it, downloaded another update and boom, 24 hours later....I've wasted 24 hours and I'm SUPER behind on the gingerbread house situations.

In an ironic twist, the internet/web/gogglemachine was out at my house all day yesterday, (my phone debacle was before that) and so my attempt at posting this yesterday was an exercise in futility. 

So here's another deal, I started this the other day thinking I'd whip right through it, and I didn't, but I'm not changing this wording. 

So here we go...
I'm right back in the thick of things after finishing the last post and let me say I'm dangerously close to dehydration due to heating issues. My extra bundling is too much. I may have to rethink my layering issues. My wardrobe is unprepared for this kind of cold weather. And my house seems too drafty. It's a cold weather conundrum. 

Since almost nothing has happened since I finished the last post a couple hours ago, I'm moving forward with the next ginger house.  

After the previous ginger year and the ambitious undertaking of the Christmas village constructed in 2009, it seems they went back to the basics in 2010. Don't get me wrong, it's quite charming, but it's only a single structure. Maybe people were still tired from the year before. Who knows? Even though it was a single structure, there was a lot of punch in the details of this one. Lets look at it and discuss. OK, that's impossible. I'll describe it as we go. It'll be short and sweet and to the point. 
It's a "hashtag" pink/melon/raspberry barn.
Coconut in shred form is good for snow. I said something like this in the previous post, but I'm running out of commentary for the ginger spices. Wait, that was a new one. I'm back on FIRE!

Sidebar for an explanation: People who know me well enough, know I'm not a fan of the hashtag. Don't be offended if you are, I'm just not. My little protest regarding hashtags is to spell out the actual word instead of using the pound sign to double as a hashtag. The end.
It was very elaborate inside.
I'm loving it inside and out.
It was all about the miniatures that year.
We really needed mini animals to complete the look. 
How cute is this?!
Well done. One of my all time faves. 
I think technically it should be a red barn, but it photographs pink. It just does. 
Last one.
In 2011 it appears there was a skeleton crew building from a kit. The completed house reminds me of Orchard House from Little Women. I don't think that's what they were going for, but that's what I'm saying. 

And again this....  
Is not real. I don't know why he's at the gingerbread house making table again, but the only thing he would have been creating would have been a large amount of mischief. 
I'm not sure what's happening here.
I hope they aren't counting, cause that's just sad. 
It's cute. A straightforward house. I like it.
The others must have gone on a Caribbean cruise or something. Where the heck was everyone?!
Last pic of the 2011 house. 
After much looking by Melanie and myself, this is THE ONLY picture of anything we could find for the 2012 season of ginger building. We have no idea what happened. Even my girls don't remember. Was there something else ignored photographically? I don't think so. I think people were tired or having a ginger hating year. Either way, You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit. 

I'm thinking it's a leanto or a stable situation. I will say whoever made the color for the structure nailed it over the raspberry from two years before. 
Linger and look, cause this is it.
Well people I started the day with Internet problems and I'm ending the day in the same fashion. I'm so wholly annoyed by the circumstances, I just can't tell you.

I better end this now so as not to lose it at this moment in time. 

It's 2:19 in the morning. Do you know where my pillow is?

I fear this will not post, but I'm gonna try.

Hashtag update: It did not post, but with a little internet magic, I can make it LOOK like it posted yesterday. 

BOOM.

1 comment:

Mollie_Walker said...

I totally FORGOT about the red barn year!! Shocking!! Especially since it seems like it was made for two different years!