Wednesday, December 21, 2016

2013 gingerbread was a good one

So far today the internet is working and I'm half heartedly cleaning around the house in anticipation of Christmas coming and that damn fat goose. As I sit here and reread that sentence, I feel no need or want to change it. If it offends, get over it. Am I a little spicy you ask? Maybe just a pinch. 

The weather was hot, then the weather turned cold, now it's going back to warm just in time for Christmas day when we will be gathered around the air conditioner as we often are on December 25th. Christmas day is barreling towards us and it will be over in less than four days! Gadzooks! 

I have very little new to report except that now we always have cupcakes in the house and as I told Olivia last week when she asked if I wanted her to bring some home, "My butt says no, but my stomach says yes." It's a conundrum.

I'm gonna get back to the gingerbread houses and I could add, "Before I say something stupid." But we all know it's already too late for that. 

2013 is up next....  

In 2013 it was all hands back on deck for another gingerbread village happening. I don't think it was home baked gingerbread. Homemade gingerbread will make a reappearance at some point in the future.   
There's a lot of focusing going on here. 
Emma was pulling a Mollie here. 
This year included the introduction of the Christmas tree made out of upside down ice cream cone. 
They are really quite fabulous. 
I'm loving that small abode in the village. 
I distinctly remember helping with the Christmas trees, once they let me that is. The reason I remember is for what you are about to see. It's a Christmas miracle 
My method of decorating the trees is made of genius legend. Throwing the candy sprinkles at the tree is what I did. And then a Christmas miracle happened. Do you see that dangling candy on the right there? I threw, it landed and then stayed the entire Christmas season. And that's what unforgettable looks like. It's legendary.  
Emma was fully aware of the camera at all times. 
Did we have to wonder if Mollie would know where the camera was?
And there's the finished product. Another great design turned into an excellent finished product.  
I'm calling this a Federal style home. 
The penguin pond came out perf. 
I feel as if I needed a few more pics of the main house. 
It's all so super cute!!
The penguins home was an igloo made of marshmallows. 
That's the gingerbread project of 2013. Clearly practice makes for getting better and better. The craft of gingerbread housing is not an easy one, and vision is essential for each year. I'd say this was a great one. But I love them all for different reasons. 

I'm now about the go to bed before 3 AM and I'm looking forward to it.  

Check back as the countdown continues. Three more years and four more days til Christmas.

It's gonna be close!

1 comment:

Mollie_Walker said...

THE PENGUIN POND IS STILL SO CUTE