Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Fall decorating is finished, but the cool weather left us

The weekend ended and life really didn't change for me because of that. With no job to go to, Monday doesn't look much different from Friday. 

After at least 10 trips to stores and cotton fields, I've finally finished my fall decorating. I finished yesterday with a quick trip and a story as well.  


Sundays around here always start with church, after church is lunch. After lunch I made a plan with Caitlin and Olivia to go to the pumpkin farm about 30 minutes away. After both daughters had been fetched, we were off into the louisiana countryside in search of the non-elusive pumpkin. We found the farm, found the pumpkins, as well as a crotchety old lady who insisted on me shopping the pre-picked pumpkins and not in the patch. It was disappointing, but $24 cheaper. 


After we picked my pumps, we decided on an adventure ride, and took off for parts unknown...sightseeing, chatting, completely unawares. We were in the middle of nowhereland when my phone rang and it was Jared. He began the conversation by saying that helicopters had spotted someone in in Richland parish in a cotton field pulling up cotton plants and blah blah blah. I knew not of what he spoke, or maybe I did, but that's as far as my lawyer said my words should go.... It IS possible I borrowed some cotton from a field on Saturday. So when he said a cotton field in Richland parish I immediately thought, "Hmmmm I borrowed my cotton in Ouachita parish, so he must not be talking about me!" 


But why had he said Richland parish? I was confused, and it was then I realized I was IN Richland parish. But how did HE know where I was? He then asked me where I was going and....again it was THEN I realized he had just passed me out in the middle of nowhere land. 


How is that possible?! To say I haven't been out on that road but maybe 5 times in my life is totally accurate. And what are the freaking odds I would pass a member of my family out in the boonies? Apparently pretty good. After we hung I said to Caitlin and Olivia, "Isn't that weird that we passed each other out here I mean, it's so weird!!?" And Olivia said, "It's like seeing an elephant in a pasture and you're like, why are you here and where am I?" That description was hilarious and brilliant.

If there is a moral to the story it must be, never borrow cotton in Richland parish. 

The end.

After all the pumpkin farming and the cotton borrowing, we finished our ride and then I finished my decorating

Lord knows I love a scarecrow.
And baby pumpkins.
This year's offering of harvest in our home is complete and I'm fairly pleased. But there's always room for improvement. 

Safe travels to all people traveling and Godspeed. 

There's more to say, but it's for another day. 

What's that? 

Yes, that's my bed calling me, so I must go.

1 comment:

Mollie_Walker said...

Love every single decoration!