Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Truly

Today is Gran's 109th birthday. 

As I was finishing up a post at 2 in the morning, I realized it was October 5th. So as I drifted off to sleep, I remembered Truly Etheredge. I remembered how thankful I am to have known him. But even more than that, I'm thankful to have had the privilege to really know the kind of man he was. Only a select group of people had that privilege. 

It was an honor to have loved him and to have been loved by him. To spend time with him and to have the honor of being a part of his family. To sit with him, to learn from him. To laugh with him. To make him laugh. 

To be taught by him and to respect him.  

To be welcome in his house. 

To spend time there and watch him live his life.






My admiration for him runs deep, because I saw how he lived and I knew who he was. 

What you saw when you looked at him was the truth. 

Consider yourself fortunate if you have his DNA in your veins. 

He was fantastic. 

2 comments:

John said...

I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet Gran, he was a special man.

Mollie_Walker said...

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙