Wednesday, October 19, 2016

It was Capitol tour day

It keeps happening. I'm working on another post and the weekend is already here. Which means I probably won't post this til next week. 

It's Monday again. 

And now it's Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Why?!?! I can't stop time and I can't finish a post. In the meantime there are many moving parts to life right now so I'll do my best. And besides, I have so many different ways of wasting time. It's really quite something. 

To change the subject and good news for me, I'll be heading west today and that's always excellent. And Emma will be flying down to join us in Corsicana, so even better. Friday Caitlin and Owen will be joining the rest of us. It will be a rare sighting of Owen in Corsicana.  

For now I'm going back to Tuesday, June 28, 2016 when we were still in DC with a day full of events beginning with a tour of the capitol. If you're ever there, look up my personal tour guide, she's the best. 
This was the goal.
Pretty flowers outside Emma's office building. 
This is key. Suddenly your car isn't evil when you have a plate like this to use for parking in the fancy place. However your car will be searched for any and every thing.  
This guy. He makes me crazy. He's a congressman from Georgia. If we had a conversation I'm not sure we would agree on anything. 
John something. Wait while I look it up. John Lewis. One of these days I'm gonna call Emma when I see someone being interviewed so she can wave to me on TV. It is a HUGE goal of mine.
Ceiling in the rotunda of the Canon building. 
Big fancy meeting room. I think it's the Canon caucus room. 
This is in the underground tunnel on the way to the capitol. 
She is the Statue of Freedom in the Emancipation Hall of the capitol. If my tour guide disagrees with me, I'll defer to her and let you know.  
This is a plaque signifying the cornerstone of the capitol. 
This is the cornerstone which was laid by George Washington. I think this is such a big deal. 
This is the old Supreme Court chamber. 
This was a special treat to go out on the Speaker's Balcony and get a look at this view. Wowzers.
It was stunning, but there were no lawn chairs nearby to sit and stay for the day. 
I may have already discussed this from my trip before. That's George up there with angels and stuff. It's weird.  
This is the old Senate Chamber. One senator or congressman attacked another in this chamber. Beat him with his cane. And they say politics is crazy NOW.
Speaker of the House's office. Never saw him. We did see Ted Cruz presiding over the senate when we were in the senate gallery. 
On our way back from the capitol. 
I like this tunnel area. The paintings in the background were done by high school artists from around the country. A contest is held and the winning paintings hang here for a year. Pretty cool. I KNOW my top hat snail would have been front and center. It will always be a regret of mine not to have had this opportunity. 

A pic outside the office.
A pic INSIDE the office. When the cat's away the mice WILL PLAY.
Kit Kat's over it.
That's a wrap of the capitol tour Summer 2016. I finished this with seconds to spare before we are off to parts west of here. As I do, it occurs to me that many members of our family are flying here and there today. Some are popping back over the pond from Paris. Well la ti da. Another is flying to Ohio, and one will be heading to the south from DC. The south is a good place for my people to be. Let me rephrase that, the south, as close to me as possible, is the BEST place to be. 

I'm out people.  

If you need me in the next few days, don't. 

Just kidding!

BUT I WILL KICK YOU.

1 comment:

Mollie_Walker said...

LOVE the pictures from the trip!