Thursday, September 18, 2014

The rehearsal supper

After spending the afternoon sightseeing around the city, we spent a lovely evening at the rehearsal dinner honoring Mollie and Aaron. A fun time was had by all, a few speeches were made and Dale didn't cry. It was the biggest news of the night in our state's capital. And yes I did just go look it up and make sure I was using the correct capital...not capitol. Also I remember ordering the chicken because the steak and shrimp seemed a little too risky for me. Then when the delicious steak and shrimp showed up in the form of Lindsey's supper, she shared not one bite with me. I shall never forget it. Also during the event, someone, via phone call, tried to set Whitney up on a blind date. It was such bad timing. The things my brain chooses to remember is a mystery wrapped inside an enigma. 

I'll stop now so we can look at the pictures...
Mollie and Aaron.
I don't know how this photo made it into the bridal luncheon post, but once I discovered it, it was moved to its rightful place.
Old dudes.
Mollie and her almost sister in law. Again this photo was in the lunch pics. Don't know how I missed it. It's home now.
Bill and Austin seemed happy with their cocktails. 
Old marrieds.
Newer marrieds.
Gmaw with her grandsons. 
Good looking group of guys.
And one more of the almost married couple being celebrated. 
Pretty table decorations.
The cool table.
I guess they can be the cool table too.
All I wanted was one good picture of my family. This isn't it. If only John had gotten the "make sure you lick your lips simultaneously memo." I mean really. AND BOOM! I struggle spelling definitely, but just NAILED simultaneously without a hitch. 
Then we had a regroup and a do over and this one sufficed for the ages. 
The other thing I remember about this night was leaving with John and Owen, and we got lost on the way back to our hotel and just happened to pass the place where the two of them had eaten that afternoon. They proceeded to tell me that when they walked in, the place was deserted except for one waiter who happened to be sitting at a table with his head down. It was only after they made some noise that he looked up and saw them and seated them at a table. Ummm no. I'd have taken that opportunity to do an about face and exit as quickly as possible! I refuse to have to awaken the wait staff when I enter an establishment. But the two of them didn't care and instead thought it amusing. They will eat almost anywhere. And that's not a compliment. As long as it's any Mongolian/Chinese/Greek/food full of spices and maybe goat/anything but American restaurant they happen upon. No. No. No. It's just too crazy to think about.

So I won't anymore for today. 

OMG it's 2:15!

I'm out like a prowling tom cat.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just laughed out loud about awakening the staff

Anonymous said...

And I took a bullet for all y'all and sat at the table with all the groomsmen and randy 😇

Mollie_Walker said...

The lip licking family picture wilways make me laugh out loud!!

Emma said...

Hello.
I am here to make a comment.
I guess I didn't realize Owen was that much taller than me. It's apparent how tall he looks in the last photo.
Goodbye.