Tuesday, September 16, 2014

They say when you marry in June, you're a bride all your life.

At least that's what the song from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers says. Not sure what that even means, or if anyone would want to be a bride all her life. 

But if we're keeping score in our family, June has the most weddings so far with three. The most recent addition of course being Mollie and Aaron. As we all know our family loves a destination wedding so this past June, we all giddy yupped and headed to Baton Rouge for a weekend of fun, festivities and a little sight seeing. There were many avenues traveled by all the participants, but only one singular goal to achieve, get to the stick red before Sunday, June 22, 2014. 

By Saturday at noon most of us had made our way south to a cute little venue Carrie discovered to have and host a bridal shower for Mollie. While there we ate some good food, met some new people and made some fun memories. Lets scroll and see who attended the exclusive event. Exclusive in a non snobby way of course. 
Caitlin found this idea for our dessert. It turned out super cute!
This was the wedding topper from Mom and Dad's wedding cake from 1949. Their's was the first June wedding in our family. 
Mollie seemed happy with the cupcake dress. 
James was the only male allowed.
Now some pictures of the attendees. 
The moms and grandmothers of the bride and groom. 
Another Gmaw with a grandson.
Sissies.
While at the shower we didn't have any activities for our guests, and so I think it was Melanie who came up with the idea for each person to say an adjective that best described Mollie. Sadly I can't remember anyone else's, but I think someone wrote them down. If so, send it to me! Mine was effusive. The reason I remember it is because I had to look up the meaning when everyone asked, "What's effusive mean?" Well, even though I couldn't tell people what it meant, turns out it fit just as I'd hoped. So as not to leave people hanging, I'll include the definition here. Effusive - expressing feelings of gratitude, pleasure, or approval in an unrestrained or heartfelt manner. Yep that's what I'd say about Mollie. 
The female part of the bridal party. 
Olivia with Grandma.
The gifting portion of the party.
Cute bags, cute hats....
Cute t-shirts.
The bride with her auntie hostesses.
We had such a good time and then afterwards everyone dispersed to spend the afternoon as they chose. Since I was with my sisters and mom, I can only report what the five of us did. But since it wasn't very "weddingy" I'm saving it for a different post. But after the five of us finished our errand and arrived at the hotel....and before we had to fluff and ready ourselves for the rehearsal that night, we found a super cute small person.
William came to our room to see what it was all about. 
He may or may not have been given free rein of the place. 
So he wanted to stand in the window see...
And of course we took a selfie.
Or two.
Not sure why the hat that needs its own zip code made the trip. 
But William looked super cute in it!
And that's how the Walker Cline wedding weekend began....at least from my perspective. In the coming days, and with some motivation, I do expect to finish all the posts from the wedding weekend. But I'm gonna have to have something more exciting happen to me so that I can chat about it here. All I have to talk about is my aching back and frankly I'm sick of it. While it is better, I think since I've been giving to it, I've created a secondary ache in another spot. Oy vey woah is me. Anyway, appreciate your prayers about it. 

I did forget to mention Owen went on his first grown up boy trip to Baton Rouge this past weekend. He went with some friends from Friday to Sunday and stayed with his friend Colby in Colby's dorm. They went to the ULM/LSU game and he had lots of fun and came home exhausted from sleeping on the hard floor due to the fact his air mattress died during the night. Such. A. Bummer. When I asked if he wished he was an LSU tiger instead of a ULM Warhawk, I was surprised to hear him say he was happy to be where he is. And with that, I was relieved. Really just to know we didn't make a mistake.   

And now I'm going to rest my back. 

It's 1:36 and I'm still sitting upright. 

That ain't good cause my back ain't well. 

Lord have mercy on my po po soul and my back!

Also, thanks for all the comments everyone's been leaving. I love them and appreciate it ever so much. 

Now I'm done.

2 comments:

Mollie_Walker said...

GASP! I'm SUPER PUMPED that you're wedding blogging!!
Also, who is your new photo at the top? It doesn't look like Grans house - is it 212?

Anonymous said...

Mollie it's the original Gee holding Big Frank with Howard and Joe beside her. Her father is in the background Granpa Garvin. I think it was taken at the Garvin farm!
Looking forward to reading wedding posts! It was a great weekend!!