Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The making of a big brother

Here's the deal people. There's almost always two cameras at all our family events. And yes we're taking some of the same pictures, but lots of times we get different perspectives of the same life happening. I like it a lot. In this group, Melanie's are heavy on the William boy child. I've entitled it, the making of a big brother. And while we have no idea what William was thinking that day, one day he'll be able to see what it was all about, and understand how important it was. And I think he will love it. It's like our own photographic journal of our life. It's super cool to me. 

And when you see the short boy amongst all the tall people, you see how many family members he has. It's a lot. He's got his peeps of all ages, and I think he likes it. He keeps things real and moving fast. He's pretty fab like that. 

Let's see what he was up to while Mom labored and Dad waited. 

See? That's me in the purple taking that super cute picture from the other post and there is no white streak. Still so annoyed.  
College grads using William as an excuse to color. 
Getting in some laps.
Cleaning off the old nose. I won't say snot and gross everybody out. 
Reflecting on his time as an only child. Yeppers bub, it's ova.
But he's already over it looking adorbs. 
A selfie with Gee.
It's still not go time. 
Same cuteness as before. 
Lindsey's not uncomfortable enough yet. 
I look like I'm helping a lot, while Carrie's rubbing the feet. looks like a job for Whitney. 
Car Car has arrived as well as Pops. 
Dad and James on the way to the nursery. 
Then checking on the other boy. William looked so shocked when he saw his Daddy holding that foreign creature. He was all like, "Dude, the joke's over. Put that thing in the blanket away and lets goooooo."
But he got a ballon instead. 
And got in some floor swimming time. Germs...OMG.
Must...reach...the other side....
His balloon was magical. 
Really magical.
But not as magical as the Icee. This is what I think he's saying. "Don't even THINK about coming near my Icee. Just walk away."
Happiness IS an Icee. As well as knowing your baby brother can't have any....yet.
Icee's gone but he looks happy about the baby bro. 
That's right little brother, I drank it all.
Ugh, he drank it all. 
The crowd.
And some more. 
And more.
After a good Icee, gotta be teching it.
Dreaming of one day having an Icee bigger than his brother's. 
Gee with grandson number 2. 
And so ends the hospital pictures of James' birth. After he was born on Friday, we didn't see him in person again until the following weekend. He was almost full growd by then! OK, that's not really true, but it was a long time! 

Now it's almost my 1:41 bedtime. But before I go I have to say we had 22 children in Gap today and that's too many. They all wanted to do something wrong on the playground. Oy. 

Also, when I went to get Olivia this afternoon, there was a whole mess at the traffic circle as one car sat there forever not going. And when he finally started going, I saw he had 6 cars backed up because he didn't go when it was his turn. I bet those people were as mad as Olivia. 

I have four minutes until it's 1:41 and I can post this at exactly the same time as last night. I think I will. 

But I have no more stories to tell. Except we had red beans and rice tonight and only John and I ate them because the rest of our family don't like them. I think they are nuts. Red beans and rice is yummy. 

One minute to go. 

OK. 

I'm done. 

Boom! Posted at 1:41 two nights in a row.

And it d

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He will definitely love seeing the day he became a big brother and so do I!

And if I remember correctly, mom taking the picture that has you taking it with your phone resulting in the white line was because of moms flash 😁

Anonymous said...

exactly!! I confessed that when it happened but you seem to have forgotten it was my camera flash that caused the horrid white streak!! oops!! and William was doing his laps in the same hall that he first came to meet us all!! I wanted to get Bill holding him and coming out again but he was kinda busy...waiting lol