Thursday, March 20, 2014

I remember the day you were born...

Well it's another week and another baby born. Wyatt Matthew was born on St. Patty's Day and from now on, green may be his favorite color. We're very excited about him and all our new additions to the family. That's four boys added since November. Let's tally up....Walker, James, Lucas and Wyatt. Three of them born within 18 days of each other. That's a family record for sure. This summer we'll be waiting on baby Ford in Pennsylvania to make her debut. She's already making news by breaking the boy streak. Billie June currently has 8 great grands on the ground and one left to arrive. That's five boys and 4 girls if your keeping track. A new generation is ready to make its mark and I'll be happy to watch it all happen. It's really gonna be fun. 
Walker Charles
James Gibson
Lucas Randall
Wyatt Matthew
For 37 years I've anxiously waited by the phone or in a classroom or at work or just outside a hospital door to hear the news of babies being born. It never gets old. Joy, happiness, excitement...they're all there. 

"I remember the day you were born." 

That something is true. 

I remember where I was standing both times when Frank called us about Meredith and Brooke. Carrie and I were in French class when Lindsey was born and Dr. Douglas gave us the news about her. We were at the hospital when Jared was born as his shocked father gulped and said, "Katie is actually a boy." We painted his pink room blue before Jared got home from the hospital. Carmen was another phone call from Frank. Austin? I was studying for an Invertebrate Zoology class at NLU/ULM when he was born. 

Whitney was in such a hurry to arrive she made her debut while we were still in route to the hospital. Slade...we were there as Frank nervously paced up and down the hospital halls in anticipation of his arrival. Carlie came on a rainy night in July as I was racing back to the hospital in the storm after picking John up from the airport...I made it back in time. Mollie...OMG...Grandma and I drove to Corsicana one day to help sort through a friend's house, only to wake up the next morning and get back in the car to drive home because Mollie knew we were out of pocket and decided to come. We still made it back before she was born. I was very involved in Caitlin's so it's still very clear to me, born on a hot summer's night just after midnight on her Dad's birthday. Nina was a pre-Christmas baby all bundled up for the holidays. Maggie was born on a horse farm. OK that's not true. Her Dad announced her arrival over an intercom from the delivery room as we waited with her siblings nearby. Just 16 days later Emma was birthed by the head nurse because she was in more of a hurry than was my doctor. Olivia was my easiest birth born in the morning on a Friday making my mother's day complete. And after three girls in a row, I'd say we were MORE than surprised about our last wee one wrapped in a blue blanket. I'll never forget in the operating room asking John what the baby was and he said, "I think it's a boy!" And with his birth, it made that generation complete. 

And so it continues. Babies everywhere. 

And it's worth repeating...it really never gets old. 

Thank you Lord for getting them here all safe and sound and healthy. And all the ones still yet to come. 

And keep them safe all the days of their long, happy, healthy lives.

Amen...

And I almost forgot this little one. A different kind of cute, but still...
I don't know where I was when she was born.
She's supposedly only a temporary part of the family. 

Isn't that right Maggie?

Wink. Wink.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So very neat!!!! Loved it.

gnar car said...

aw love this!!!

Mollie_Walker said...

This is an A+ post! Loved it start to finish!

Anonymous said...

Even as I get attached to the little lamb she better be a temporary fam member!! Such a sweet post I loved it as well!!! Keep em safe and bring them all here healthy in Jesus name!!!