Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Beginning 2014 with a post about last year

I realize it's been 2 weeks since I last blogged, but the Christmas season was a busy one.  I'll do a quick rundown of what happened since last here. I finished my Christmas shopping, I gave presents and I received them. I was pleased and all others were as well. 
The end.

Just kiddin...but I WILL kick you...

Of course we have to go back to Thanksgiving first and try to remember what we did and where we did it. This I know....all people came to town and we celebrated it up real good. We did miss having cousins here this year and I hope that's not the norm, but the heart tugs in other directions as beloved parents get older. Understandably so. 

Our two week break has come to an end and I go back to work later today and even though it's a two and a half hour job, I'm not ready. In the last 4 days John and I cleaned out our attic and threw away 400 empty boxes....and I'm not even kidding. We went through so much stuff and I was ready to burn it or throw it all. But I got talked out of it by many people. And you know who you are. When it came to the beanie baby boxes, I KNEW my kids would take one look at all of them and say they wanted none. Boy was I wrong. They refused to part with even one BB, and fought over the unclaimed ones! Even Owen got all sentimental about them. And as they reminisced about the beanie baby wars they had, I mourned the loss of the many dollars I spent on them. Beanie baby wars involved my bad children throwing the BB's at each other when they were supposed to be sleeping. SO. BAD. Which explains why so many of the tags came off the beanie babies, making them worthless. But having said that, what did I really expect to gain from having tagged beanie babies anyway? It's not like they were ever gonna appreciate in value anyway. So stupid and ridiculous. 

Also since I mentioned burning attic things, inanimate objects have no feelings and can be burned in a fire without me being a heartless monster. It's really true. 

It's currently frigid in Louisiana. Yesterday the high was 31 degrees and ice cubes thrown out on the patio are currently still in ice form. This is unexpected in the south. Yet our dog, who supposedly has some husky in her, loves to lay outside and bask in the frigidness of the day and night. And when I try to coax her inside, she looks quite bummed about coming into the house. I need to get her a dog sled and see if she knows what to do. And because it's so cold, we've almost burned two cords of wood in the last two months and that's more than we ever have. Global warming? Hmmm....

And since I started this last night and it's now the "later today" I was talking about then, I've got two hours til I have to go to work. Lets see if I can finish this before I leave.   

Let's go back in time and look at my photos to remind me of what happened in yesteryear....or yestermonth. 

Doesn't sound so good....


Addy and Olivia fought over hangers. She loves a tasty hanger....Addy that is, not Olivia. 
William and I kept up our string of selfies. 
Best pic of me ever.
This was the night before Thanksgiving at Grandma's house. Not to be confused with the night before Christmas. Seating is always at a premium when we are together. 
The next morning we began decorating and cooking for the day. And while Whitney wanted to learn how to make our dressing....
These photos are totally staged. 
People arrived and watched or worked.
Grape eaters anonymous. Makes no sense, but it's the first thing that came to me. 
Carrie and the Gmaw.
And another group of peeps.
Those grapes must have come from Canaan cause they were HUGE. Get it? The land flowing with milk and honey and grape clusters so big two men had to carry them slung over a pole? If I had to explain that much, it really wasn't funny or worth it. Epic fail.
Then I was gonna take a picture of Gmaw with these two.
Then Mollie got in and I proceeded to take one million of these people.
It makes no sense....no sense at all to take one million of the same picture. 
Then Olivia got hold of the camera....
And it got real....
As I told her to stop...
She got a pic of an ever important bloody mary pass off. Some of the Olivia pictures I culled included Melanie's butt, foil pans as well as a close up of my hands while making the dressing. Art? I think not. 
Ready for cooking.
Shamelessly always knows where the camera is. 
Then a little turkey showed up...even though you could eat him up, we did not. 
Someone take the freaking camera away from her!!!
Now!!!!!
Another one who knows the camera well.
Finally! No way Olivia took this. 
William really really wanted the ice chest to be in the kitchen. 
Let's focus on William for a few.
Cutie pie.
Then a photo shoot began.
Trying to get Gee and William to look at the camera at the same time.
And it.....
Never happened. Although they were all cute.
COMPLETELY Serious about keeping the ice chest in the kitchen. Stay away from his ice chest people! 
He only stopped for a welcomed sip of water. 
Scooter bug.
I started to accuse Olivia of having the camera again, but that's the back of her head.
Busy busy people making sure lunch would be on time or early. 
This looks like a print ad for healthy living and tomato juice...plus additives. 
This was staged, not sure what we were attempting.
The cozy corner.
Our decos for the Thanksgiving year 2013. 
Lovely job ladies. 
Love the name tags.
One more for remembrance.
G with the Liv.
And once more.
Plus one with the O.
And another.
Car Car and Will Will.
Awww they look like they never punch each other when walking by or call each other punk or some other loving moniker. 
A new addition to thanksgiving...that would be Colby, Carlie has always been a regular.

So there's a post people. I have more pics of Thanksgiving I'll be posting soon....I hope.

I'll close with this story. Owen's room is a sty. A boil on the butt of humanity. It's gross and no amount of our arguing about it has changed one thing. It annoys me so. Well yesterday, when he got home from school, I told him I wanted him to vacuum his room. We had a "discussion" about why it was needed. It annoyed me. The day went on...no vacuuming. So. Annoyed. I watched Florida beat Auburn. I hate Florida teams. I don't like any Florida teams or west coast teams, as in California, Oregon or Washington....I don't root for anybody above the Mason Dixon....really really. 

SO, after the game was over, and I was annoyed about the Florida team, I began drying my hair. BOOM lights go out in the bathroom, hall, his bedroom. That's right. Waited ALL day and then decided to vacuum at the EXACT time I was drying my hair so as to overload the system and throw a breaker. I was SO HAPPY I nearly flipped my ****. 

And it got me to thinking. If I had to pick a soundtrack playing in the background of my life yesterday, it would be, Jesus please take the wheel before I run over someone on purpose and then back up over them to make sure they have visible tread marks down their back.

It's now 1:33 and this post is done.

That's all folks...  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahhahaha take the wheel for sure that is tooooo good!!! I NEVER won the fight over the room
N E V E R and I so appreciate you NOT posting the pic of my butt!! Liv I thought we were friends??? no booty pics ever although it is the thinnest thing on my body!! Hey maybe you are my friend!!!

Mollie_Walker said...

I don't know about you... But I feel a LOT better now that we are back into blogging mode!!!!!!!!!! I love a holiday recap post.

Mollie_Walker said...

How come I have a limited character count?!

Mollie_Walker said...

It's getting smaller! Are you blocking me for real?!