Friday, April 20, 2012

The Texas wedding of Brooke and Ben

Once we arrived in the Kingdom and checked into our hotel, we had a strict timeline to follow. We couldn't be distracted by our lovely surroundings so as not to be late for the chapel.

The view from our rooms.


Billie had time for a short rest.


John stopped swiping rocks from the flower beds long enough to get ready for the wedding. And I'm not even kidding.


Thankfully we made it to the chapel with time to spare, and once we arrived and saw the church, it was obvious a gorgeous wedding was about to happen. And OMG I love a wedding, and this was one of the loveliest I've ever witnessed. The location was breathtaking, as you'll see. Brooke, in her beautiful white frock was gorgeous and the bridesmaids were lovely as well. Unbeknownst to Carrie, she picked the EXACT same color for her wedding attire as the bridesmaid's dresses. But all people in the blue dresses looked fabulous! I just can't say enough about how beautiful it was. I've run out of adjectives trying to tell you, but I think simple elegance was the theme, and if so, then it was spectacularly achieved.

The chapel


Great picture of Melanie and Randy.


We all assembled in plenty of time before the wedding started.


Carrie looked smoking in her blue dress.


John and the wifey.


A boy named Slade. Boy? Make that a man, but I don't know how it happened. Ugh, everyone grew up too fast.


Cute pic of Jeff and the Billie June.


And because I didn't want to get in trouble with the official wedding photographer, I didn't take any photos of the actual wedding. But picture it as lovely as you can imagine. Then it was time to step outside on this perfectly gorgeous day and take many photos of Brooke and Ben and all the beautiful people in the wedding. But once again, since I didn't want to get in the photographer's way, I stood nearby and snapped my pics. Scroll down and you'll see. And I really don't know how I can commentate with new words. It's all gonna be....love, beautiful, adorable....etc, etc, etc....

I love this of Brooke with her 3 nieces. That's Ella, Maddie and Ava.


Adore this and LOVE the sucker....and the little girl.


So cute. I love Ava's head resting on Brooke's lap.


Next one she was waving at a fan who caught her eye.


Can't really take a bad photo at this place. Love this.


The sucker seemed to be the key to a happy 2 year old.


Brooke's bouquet was perfectly beautiful.


Ava was admiring it here.


Love this as well.


Ava had an issue during this family shot.


New brothers and sisters are made by a wedding. Weddings are great like that.


A sassy cat.


Sweet sissies.


Trying to be patient about the many photos being taken.


Then Ava decided to off road it. Children care not how dressed up they are when the time comes to explore.


Beautiful Carmen.


With 2 of her adorable nieces.


A family shot, even though Ava's thinking about drifting off again.


But they corralled her for one more.


Then Ava had a shoe malfunction, but Dad quickly came to the rescue.


This motley crew being herded by the photographer.


Great pic of Brooke and Grandma.


That's one pretty newly married couple with the Gmaw.


Slade after losing the tie.


Love it.


See? I told you. Exact same color. Such a cute pic. More auntie pics with nieces. But this time the nieces are all grown up. Sigh...


Oh my goodness, she's edible here.


Slade with the Gmaw. Love it.


Signs like these were along the road from the chapel to the reception. Soooo cute!


And then there was a "photo booth." Yowsa! I'm looking FANTASTIC here! Becky and Keith look OK too.


Mom and daughters.


Then Slade jumped in and tomfoolery ensued.


Great picture of Uncle Slade with Ella.


Precious picture of Maddie with her skittles in front of a setting sun.


Love this of the girls watching Brooke and Ben's first dance.


But then Ava began to feel the rhythm overtake her.


And she had to get her boogie on.


So sweet.


Ella worked up a sweat dancing!


Great picture of Slade and Mom.


So cute!


Duuuudddeeee.....


So, all I wanted was a picture of Brooke with her aunties. No problem. Right? Wrong! Slade took 3 pictures with my camera, that were OK and Randy had Melanie's camera snapping away all the while saying, "How do I do this? I don't know how. I can't see. How do I focus? Did it work that time? Is there a picture somewhere?" OMG!!! I counted 11 taken by Randy. Most all of them were blurry and ridiculous! I finally chose this one as one of the least terrible. And that's the story of the picture.


Twenty seven married years, 27........


Popping a squat.


Bro and sissy. So cute!


Carmen and Ella were overcome with the giggles.


Love this.


And they walked out to the glow of sparklers.


Love this too.


And this.


More sparkling.


It was as beautiful a wedding as there ever was. I think a wonderful time was had by all. The next day, Melanie, Randy, Grandma, John and I parted ways with Carrie, Becky and Keith as we headed to Louisiana and the three of them back to Dallas. On our way out of the kingdom, we passed over the Brazos River. John had to be restrained, otherwise he would have leapt out of the car and into the water.


Proof positive we were headed home. Naps were required.


The wedding weekend of Brooke and Ben made for a lovely memory. I hope for them the happiest of marriages, with no troubles or worries or disagreements or disappointments or discouragements. Only happiness and wonderful blessings along the way.

But you know, the strangest thing happens in my heart as I watch these people I love the most become grown up and do grown up things. So many emotions mixed together come to the surface. Joy and happiness mixed with the bittersweet which always brings me back to, how did it go so fast? And even though I've never wanted any of you to be frozen in time as children, it still tugs at my heart as you take on adulthood. The older I get, I'm reminded of Gran and Grandma and Mollie and Nina talking about these same things to us. I remember thinking how silly they were to think that growing up happens too fast. Of course it was because I wanted my driver's license and to graduate from high school and college and marriage and babies.... And when it was me wanting all those things, growing up was just that.....growing up. Now, their words ring in my ears every day. But even with the bittersweet, I wouldn't have it any other way.

God bless Brooke and Ben and their family through all the years to come.

I can't wait to see what happens for you next!

Love,
Me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so very lovely and fun to spend time there together. I am now in tears but mostly happy tears. I want this for all the kids in our family. It's just more fun waiting to happen!!

gnar car said...

love it! great pics and words!

also i still laugh when i think of dad's INTENSE WORRY over where mom was gonna stand for our easter pic, so i can imagine his freak out over not knowing how to work the camera. hahahah he's a goof.

Jeff said...

LOVE, LoVe, LOVE this...i agree that it was probably the most beautiful wedding i've ever been to as well! my only wish is that we could all just live in a commune because it was SO much fun being together! we didn't want the weekend to end!
i feel the same way you do about time marching on...my heart swells on a daily basis...& i just try to soak up every moment...cause it does pass by in a blur!
thanks for summing up how we all feel perfectly...what an incredible gift! love you!