Monday, March 21, 2011

A quick post about stuff that really matters

Well, I'm so depressed about a happening I can barely speak of it. It happened today, out of the blue. I tried to dismiss it but it can no longer be ignored. I don't know how it happened. I don't know why it's happening more frequently, but....I've had another occurrence of square hair. Restrain yourselves from your tears. I know it's shocking. I used to have consistent....fairly good hair.....until the strange square hair phenomenon started occurring some time last year. I documented it back then. I'll not be posting a pic today. It would be too painful to have another lasting memory of it.

I don't know how it happened. I dried my hair earlier today, and as I gave it one last look in the mirror I thought, OK not bad but, then, when I was sitting at this foreign computer......more about that in a moment.....I got a glimpse of my reflection in the screen and my heart sank. There in the darkness of the computer screen, I saw square hair. My heart sank, and then when I made the long scary walk to the mirror, it was confirmed. Square hair once again reared it's ugly head....no pun intended, or slap at myself. And now, clearly, it's time to take drastic measures, even though I don't know what that means. Just know that for today, I'm devastated about square hair.

Moving on to other problems.....while I was out of town over the weekend, the hard drive on my computer decided to disappoint me and go belly up. After a brief and tense conversation with John telling me he wasn't sure he'd be able to retrieve all my stuff....he was able to retrieve all my stuff. It's amazing what a well placed threat can do, although I'm not sure what it was I said, it may have been the tone in which I said what I said when I said it. Tone is HUGE in marriage, at least for us it is. Think about it. Tone matters. John knows tone matters. We've discussed it....A LOT....in the last 26 years. Indeed we have.

I'll have more to report about the weekend and basketball and basketball brackets and hopefully many lovely pictures of tulips, as well as a hilarious story of Keith knocking at a door.....wait for it....it's gonna be good. But once again there's out of town baseball to be watched. Like it or not, we are officially Neville Tiger parents. In 10 million years I never thought those words would come out of my mouth or typed on a foreign computer because the hard drive on mine died a sudden death. And just to annoy me, the keyboard on the computer I'm currently using is shifted just enough to the right that it makes me type all the wrong letters quite efficiently, as well as the noise coming out of this one sounds like a freight train coming down the tracks. The new hard drive should be here today....here's hoping..... But enough about me.....I'm off to bball. base.....not basket.....

Later....

No comments: