Monday, July 10, 2017

Experimenting and sulking

It's been a weird week with July 4th being Tuesday and now it's Sunday already. This week coming will be another short but busy one. John and I will load up Caitlin's belongings and transport them to Texas because Caitlin is currently being a Texan. Louisiana loses again. We hardly ever win. 

I can't really talk about my actual feelings here, because I'll sound like a really whiny baby. So I must remain silent. I'll just say I don't like it, and move on. It's as it is for now. I think sometimes the future can be tolerated with the phrase, "it doesn't mean forever." Until it is.

There will be very little blogging this week, as we go on the open road headed west with a trailer full of treasures and two parents with full conflicted hearts. We want the best for our four kids, but we want them to live nearby, but they have their own lives to live, but it would be so nice to see their faces every day, but we can't hold on forever. The tape recorder in my head can be relentless. 

Hold onto your babies while you can. 

It has gone so fast.

Now that I've depressed myself, lets move on...

The other day I ran across these photos from William's second birthday. There was cake and presents and balloons. And I had an idea. I've always wanted to successfully do an optical illusion photo. Here's the part where I show you a good one. Not done by me.
Brilliantly done stranger people.
Now I'll show you some really bad ones attempted by moi. 

They suck....have a look.
Carlie got in place ready to try for photographic brilliance. 
But something was missing. 
Oh helloooo Emma.
Yes, I'm talking to you.
I'm a better director than they are good at being directed. Understand?
If I wanted this illusion to look as if Emma was going to pat Carlie's hiney, then we almost nailed it. But I wanted the balloon holding pose.
In retrospect, Emma's accomplishing other illusions (about to pound Carlie on the top of her head) that I'm just now seeing for the first time. But I wanted you to Hold THE BALLOONS. 
Nope.
Not even close. 
Wait, nooooo it's not good. 
Nooooooo.
This is what....
Giving up looks like. 
This is not artistic. 
It's just annoying.
That was a disastrous try and I didn't attempt it again for many years. OK, that's not really true. What IS true is, I just forgot about it. Last month when we were in Corsicana, I saw Hank in the pasture and decided to lazily try again. 
I saw him there and an idea was born again. 
No fingers.
Add fingers for a blurry fail. 
I'm about 5 % impressed with myself here. 
This scissor thing isn't working. 
Yes those are my manly fingers. 
Better than the balloon attempt, but still much work to be done. 
We have to have goals. 

I'm not sure you'll hear from me again this week. My motivation is always in question. 

Until next time, I'll be the mother with multi-state children. 

And remaining unhappy about it. 

1 comment:

Mollie_Walker said...

I can't believe I didn't see this last week!? I think there's still some room for improvement with this skill... 😂😂😂 but it made for a fab post!