Friday, March 16, 2012

The scary incident

Tonight John's in Arkansas, which leaves us vulnerable to one terrible thing in our home. Inside bugs. Well, the five of us were sitting in the den, watching what else but basketball, when suddenly out of nowhere with no advance warning, a June bug came out of nowhere!! As with all June bugs it drunkenly flew this way and that terrorizing everyone in the room. Owen went after it with a paper towel and "claimed" he didn't want to kill it, so instead he let it hop on the towel and as he turned, it took off flying again and targeted one person...Olivia. It dive bombed straight at her, which caused her to LEAP out of her chair running and screaming. Just after she leapt up, Caitlin and Emma jumped as well and as a unit, the three of them ran screaming and whooping and scrambling to get out of the room first....as fast as they could. Emma locked herself in their bedroom, and Olivia and Caitlin ended up in the bathroom. Since there were no others to get but me and Owen, of COURSE it came after me next. I then ran screaming from the room as well, only to find all doors on lock down. The stupid bug disappeared behind the couch, which is where I like to sit, and because of the feeling of fright still in the air, all people chose to stay gone. After several minutes with no sighting of evil, Emma and Olivia came back. Caitlin's chicken self went to bed. I wish people could have seen the entire incident because even though I was terrorized by the bug, it was HILARIOUS seeing and hearing what I saw and heard. SERIOUSLY!

Fast forward to 1 1/2 hours later, I'm sitting on the couch, almost in the dark, when I see that stupid bug coming at me again! I immediately and intelligently chose the broom as my weapon over the fly swatter, larger surface area, and went after it. Only to discover it wasn't one but two June bugs! Now I'm battling two fronts all alone since everyone's gone to bed. I chased them all over the den. The chasing was intermingled with screech running when they organized and came back at me. Finally, I put the beat down on one and then the other. Of all the bugs in the whole wide world, the June bug and the roach are my two most hated.

I'm lucky to be alive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha I have a very good visual so sorry to not see in person!! poor little ole june bug !!!

Becky said...

I'm with you. HATE a June bug. I too would h e been scrambling!!