Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Here's what's going on

In the last week I've watched the end of Secretariat about 8 times and I've cried every time. He was fantastic. I really need horses, big and small.

Baseball's begun and just as last year, it's proving to be a challenge for my patience and tolerance as well as my ability to like people. After watching a recent game that ended badly....again....to quote Melanie, "There's the definition of crazy, do the same thing over and over again but expect a different result." Bad baseball is just bad. I'm just glad my son's not bad at it. And I'm not bragging or kidding. The team played tonight, which as I'm writing this, is now last night. They will play tomorrow night, which at this writing is now tonight, and playing Wednesday night which by now is tomorrow night. Did you get all that? Anyway, I'm gonna need an industrial sized package of duct tape in order to keep my mouth, "as silent as the grave." That's a quote from Sense and Sensibility in case you didn't know.

To add to my annoyance, the old biddy who hit my two daughters in John's truck....FOREVER AGO....is disputing the claim. I'm gonna have to open a can of something on the old lady. It was your fault old lady!!!! Your fault!!!

In the last month I've been witnessing the death of one of my children's childhood dreams. It's been very painful to watch and there's nothing I can do to prevent it from happening. It's been awful.

I know growing up is necessary, but as more responsibility becomes heaped on my kids....and the "fun part" ebbs away, it breaks my heart a little. Because grown up responsibility lasts a whole lot longer than the fun of childhood.

When I was at work one day last week I was fussing at three boys after catching them using a small water bottle full of rocks as a playground missile. I said to them, "LEAVE STUPID AT HOME!!!" I'm nothing if not eloquent.

I've pondered life from a few different angles lately. You never know what people's real motivation is for doing what they do. People who are hurt just may not be capable of understanding anything they did to hurt others. But it can get really messy.

There are a couple of big events that I've not yet covered here, but I intend to. I want to blog about stuff while not making this one giant Christmas letter that ends up pissing people off. Because we know that's what happens. You know the letters I'm talking about. But I also don't want to just be the family historian. I'm parsing a fine line here most days.

March madness has rolled around again and therefore there are times in our home when people are allowed to speak and times when they aren't. If you need to know when those times are, check with the foreman. She's the only one that knows.

This will sound so freaking braggadocios but I'm gonna tell it anyway. At the end of this 3rd 9 weeks, Owen will have made 48 A's and 1 B. The boy has gotten the job done.

And while I'm bragging, Emma G. is a reporette for the college campus newspaper and has been writing multi articles about many topics. She has deadlines and everything and it's very stressful for me. Ha ha ha ha. No it's not really stressful for me at all, but it is for her. She does well at her craft.

Olivia the Grace has chosen her major and is off and running with it. And in case you were wondering who the "foreman" of march madness is, it's Olivia.

Caitlin's been at her job for almost 8 months now and I can't imagine where that time went. It's like a speeding bullet and if you don't get out of the way or ride the wave, you won't survive. I don't know what any of that meant, but I'm not changing it.

After receiving a thank you response from Mollie THIS evening regarding a birthday post I left her almost two months ago, the following conversation was had:
Me: (Posted on January 20.):Happy cake day. You know what that means. (January 20!!!!!)
Mollie: (Posted March 12!!!!) cake day, every day. FACT. (or at least it should be!) (March 12!!!)
Me:
This Is unacceptable. Facebook birthday wishes from me will no longer be forthcoming. 2 months!?!? No.
Mollie:
LISAAAAA!!!!!!!! I just got behind! At least I went back! Thank you SO MUCH for the stellar birthday wish! I truly am so grateful you took time to wish me a happy cake day!!!!!!!!
Me:
People who get behind this bad die of starvation. I'm not sure that statement really applies here, but I'm standing by it nonetheless.
Mollie:
Hahahaha THAT was funny. (That was freaking funny! This here is me, not Mollie, enjoying my humor in the middle of her post) (Now back to Mollie) Today was literally the first day I've signed into Facebook, I think! Normally I check status updates on my phone but that's it. I fear there no other excuse. But, alas, I am still full of regret!
Me:
I'm gonna need to see it in person. Your regret that is. Practice it in the mirror.

I'll now shun Mollie on Facebook for birthdays from this day forward. Which realistically isn't true, cause I'll probably forget about the said shunning by next January, unless I put a reminder of the shunning in my phone. I'll think about it some more. Shunning is a big decision.

When I sat down to write this two hours ago, I was in a fairly bad mood but now I'm not.

I'm gonna hang on to this good feeling and go to bed.

Peace out peeps.

1 comment:

Mollie_Walker said...

Please, please, PLEASE DONT SHUN MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!