Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A quick review of Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011 was a huge success for us all. We enjoyed our same traditions again with Christmas Eve communion and breakfast at Grandma's. Then Santa had to come to town. OK, Santa doesn't really come to my town anymore since I put my foot down, but we still had presents and a jolly old time in spite of the fact Santa's through with us. And frankly, it's a relief.

I'm now the proud owner of a brand new iPad and I couldn't be happier about it! It's so cute and has a lime green smart cover. I'm gonna look so cool carrying it around like I'm all businessy and not exposing the truth that mostly what I'll be doing will be playing games! But whatevs, I'm a gamey kind of gal. The gifting of the iPad to me may have been the biggest gift surprise of my entire life. I had absolutely no idea. In fact, I had no idea what was going on throughout the Christmas season as evidenced by some major gift faux pas' by me! I could go into details but then why would I voluntarily make myself look like a jerk? I was completely off my game this year for sure. My apologies once again and at least there's always another Christmas to try and get it right.

All of our out of town family left yesterday, and therefore the 2011 Christmas season has officially ended. Our house is successfully de-Christmased, and I'm very relieved about it because some of us will be leaving on Wednesday morn to travel to North Carolina for basketball yet again. Duke and UNC are the destinations and we will get there or bust! I've had much to do before leaving town so a small offering of pictures is all I have time for. I will say the photo bombing was completely out of control this year since I turned my camera over to the younger generation to help document the festivities.

Enjoy the photos and after I return I'll have much to report with the rest of Christmas as well as our trip! Godspeed to all the travelers. Ohio bound as well.

All the boys except Bill. That's a great looking group of guys, and looky who's photobombing.


Another great looking group of peeps.


Two little mucnhkins joined us!


Can't open this present til May. Bombers in the background.


Excellent look there Austin. And Mollie? I need to know what's going on.


Now we have Bill, but Jared's gone and Randy's throwing the deuces.


All the beautiful girlies.


Texie Mex waiting for Santa....or food.


This is quite the bomb Carlie.


One half of the room on Christmas morn.


And the other half, but that tree's looking a little funny...


Yep, indeed it looked a little funny. In all the years we've had Christmas, this is the FIRST time ever a tree fell during our present opening. Unbefreaking.


The epic surprise of the iPad.


Two new proud and grateful owners.


Christmas is exhausting.


And ending the day with more photo bombing.


There are many more pictures to post, and I haven't even looked at Melanie's yet. But it'll have to wait cause we're North Carolina bound!

Later....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Goofballs everywhere!!!

gnar car said...

i'm so so so so so glad the iPad surprise went as planned! and so glad you love it!

yay for christmas surprises!