Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas 1984

Found these pictures on my computer today from some I scanned last year and never posted. Have a look at the style of dress, because DUDE, we were fully ensconced in the 1980's.

Christmas opening with the Shreveport peeps. That's Suzie, Meredith and Brooke. On the floor is Melanie and Lindsey.


Brooke's demeanor here is spellbinding but I wracked my brain for a caption and I got nothing. It'll remain one of the biggest regrets of my life. Meredith's hair and the headband and the dress are all working for her. If of course we were going for a schoolmarm vibe. Then it's aces!


Little Carmen cruising.


Austin's a jolly little fellow for his first Christmas.


Lindsey's clearly conflicted about her Christmas pj's. "But I don't want this outfit documented for life!"


Maybe the only time my hair's been in a ponytail in it's entire life. John's mother made this tablecloth for me as a pre-wedding present. John and I were engaged and getting married the February after this Christmas. I'm rocking some hot looking chambray stripey looking jeans. I suspect that's Lindsey in my lap.


Suzie and Carmen hanging out.


This is a separate gathering from the first since I've dressed down considerably. Not sure who's taking the pic.


Christmas dinner back in the day when we did it all. Christmas Eve happenings, Christmas morning happenings and then Christmas dinner in the afternoon on Christmas day. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.


Another shot of the eating peeps.


And there you have 1984 documented. Short and sweet.

No comments: